Creaking Sound from Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shive

Reaction score
I've searched through threads here and in FB with no luck, so hopefully someone has an idea that can help.

About 3 months ago, I swapped the rear LCAs to Moog ones (removed the rear sway bar as well). No issues after. A month later I swapped out the tri-link for a Moog one. Both times torqued to spec with the tires on the ground under its own weight.

Took it for a test drive after the tr-link, came into the driveway a little quick and heard a clunk. Checked everything it was all still torqued to spec. Ever since then, I've had a bad creaking sound from the rear. I've isolated it to the driver-side tri-link mount.

I've removed it completely and didn't see anything wrong with it, reinstalled it, and for a very short time, no creak, but it came back. I then installed the OME/Bilstein 2.5" lift, with alignment. All control arms torqued with the tires on the ground. Shortly after the alignment, creak is back.

Last weekend I took the bolt out, sprayed silicone lubricant all over the mount, reinstalled, and for a day there was no creak. Then it came back.

I can't think if anything else to do other than maybe it's a tad bit loose and needs to be tightened a little more than the usual 74 ft/lb? Also, when I originally swapped out the OEM tri-link, that side was really snug as far as fitting the bushing into the mount. Dont know if thats relevant but figured I'd mention it.

Shive

Reaction score
Re-torqueing and over torqueing didn't make a difference, which I assumed would be the case.

I'm thinking something happened when that clunk happened where it shifted something with the bushing. The driver-side and passenger-side sit a little differently within the mount.

Another thing I've noticed is that it hits at the bottom of the mount on both sides. I don't think that's what's causing the sound, but that didn't seem normal..

Driver-side from rear:
You must be registered for see images attach

Passenger-side from rear:
You must be registered for see images attach