Crank, no start (help) 02 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felipe

Reaction score
Hello y’all, so out of the blue Jeep was stalling and dying & now just cranks only and no start, checked for codes and brought up misfire & bad crank sensor so I replaced it and it ran for a day just to end up stalling and dying again so I went back to replace the cam sensor and now was just only cranking and noticed my fuel pump wasn’t engaging so now I’m thinking it’s the fuel pump I test the fuel pressure it reads nothing so then I put power to the fuel pump and the the pump turned on but the Jeep was still cranking with no start I checked all the fuses and relays for the pump because I’m not getting power to the pump I even went as for to check the ASD relay (auto shut down relay) and still nothing?

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a scan tool with live data capability, check the RPM PID while cranking to see if it's showing anything. You could also check to see if the crank sensor is getting 5V power and ground. There's a signal wire on it, too, but you'd need a scope to test the voltage coming out of the sensor properly.

What brand of sensor did you get? Most recommend getting only OEM.