Could this be a driveshaft issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been suffering uneven brake wear front right and a noise from the pads/caliper. I replaced the disks, pads and used a new fitting kit, the caliper sliders were freed up and coated with copper crease and moving in and out smoothly. all ok for 6 days, quiet as a lamb. And now it's back! With a vengeance. Could this be a bent drive shaft issue? I am at a loss. Any suggestions much appreciated!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad brake hose, sticking caliper, it could be many things but not a bent driveshaft

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for sticking piston, mine were sticking, the seal fails and water gets in and corrodes the bore. They are plastic pistons so don't expect to be able to reuse them. I bought rebuild kit from ebay, getting the new pistons in square isn't fun!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
+1 for sticking piston, mine were sticking, the seal fails and water gets in and corrodes the bore. They are plastic pistons so don't expect to be able to reuse them. I bought rebuild kit from ebay, getting the new pistons in square isn't fun!
Just replace caliper
I did suspension and brake work for years
hated rebuilding calipers even back in the 1970s with all the latest tools
No matter what you can still have issues

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replace caliper
I did suspension and brake work for years
hated rebuilding calipers even back in the 1970s with all the latest tools
No matter what you can still have issues
Yes, it wasn't a nice job but I'm cheap!