Bundy Hill KJ run, August 15th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That's not the first time I've been told that on the trail. hah.gif Just ask jblackwell. :D

I don't do what I do to prove anything though... I try those kinds of trails because they look like fun and there's always someone with me to pull me out if I get in over my head. You really DO find the best trails that way. ;)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
5 hours, but thats 2 hours better than the one in upstate NY and its the day after my birthday
So your birthday is the 14th? So is my wifes, mines the 18th, anniversary is the 22nd.
Too bad I will be thousands of miles away
driving on roads that are not much different than what you are going to drive to Bundy Hill to drive on;)

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i use a bicycle flag and fit the metal thing over my spare tire mount bolts with a wing nut.. i can give you a wing nut.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my flag is on a threaded rod (heh, I said rod) and then I have a tab welded to my tire carrier on the YJ which is how I mount it on the YJ...I'll have to take a look at your set up CJ.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
hmm... well zip ties do work.. but a bit of angle iron and a tap goes a long way..

1 piece of 1.5" angle iron maybe 2"

2 holes

1 of them threaded to take your badlands flag.

1 nut to fit on the bolts coming out of the rear hatch door..

solved...
macguyver should have a tap that would work for you.

but by all means check out my setup.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get tires I'm goin. I need to fit a flag and I'll try to get a TC skid by then too. Where did you get your flag Geeky? Walmart? Anyone have A TC skid laying around??

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Walmart has those triangular bicycle flags - those work just fine.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
mine is a walmart flag.. $5 and a $1 wing nut from ace hardware to go on the bolt that holds the bracket for the spare tire mount..
Honestly id be more concerned about the Transmission skid than the xfercase skid.. either way theyre under $50 each from Jparts.com

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is a walmart flag.. $5 and a $1 wing nut from ace hardware to go on the bolt that holds the bracket for the spare tire mount..
Honestly id be more concerned about the Transmission skid than the xfercase skid.. either way theyre under $50 each from Jparts.com

Yea you're probably right. I have the 04 tho and the ****** skid is a bit of a pain. I think the how-to on another site is good, but the pics are gone, at least last time I checked.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that a number of those skids on jparts.com are for an 05 and up, willl they work for an o4 at all? What am I in for rocky with my 04 that causes them to be a pain with the transmission skid?

*edit* oh ya, I have a flag you can have rocky, its just a old bike flag on a stick...like what you get at walmart. even still has some badlands mud on it heh.

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i was to go, what all would i need, i have a Stock Rene, but never checked to see if the previous owner or dealer left or removed the original skids. and i have shit tires. If i have to invest a lot of money before then, i probably won't make it, summer is slow of my line of work, a couple of hundred is okay, not including the trip its self

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
for the most part you would need engine and ****** skid.. stock tires and stock height will let you do a good portion of what we did last time. ( there is one section i wont do again until i have rails on) but i gurantee you that you WILL use your skids on a majority of this trip..

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
from what i understand skids are skids as long as you get KJ skids they will bolt on.. the 05 skids need a hole or two drilled. someone that has done this already could explain it better.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the most part you would need engine and ****** skid.. stock tires and stock height will let you do a good portion of what we did last time. ( there is one section i wont do again until i have rails on) but i gurantee you that you WILL use your skids on a majority of this trip..

Its always a weird feeling hearing that metal on rock noise drive.gif