Bundy Hill KJ run, August 15th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay those aren't expensive i could probably do that no problem and i already have rails! might give me a reason to keep them haha

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the front suspension and engine skid the same, does it cover the engine as well, i dont see one listed at justforjeeps.com

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45531&highlight=skids

front to rear.. ENgine, ******, Xfer Case, Gastank.

In my opinion.. dont get the mopar gas skid.. was way flimsy and probably is only good for puncture protection.

Boiler offers a pre-engine skid that i have. It seems great for keeping mud and crap from entering the engine bay before the engine skid.. and keeping the engine skid from being a shovel

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
( there is one section i wont do again until i have rails on) but i gurantee you that you WILL use your skids on a majority of this trip..

You won't do it again? What about me? LOL

I cracked stuff!

JO07, you just MIGHT want to keep those rails on. IMO they also look cool, so yeah.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
lol you knwo the spot marlon!

ya id love to hit that again when i have rails.. i think that was one of the most UNIQUE spots there..

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
lmao yes it is!! ask yellowcoyote!! she had to reassure me several times that i was ok

It's one of those sounds that freaks you out a lot in the beginning, but you kinda forget about later... like now, I hear them hit and say 'that's normal'... lol3.gif

Front suspension skid/engine skid are indeed one in the same.

You can use the newer transmission skid on older KJ's... they require a hole to be drilled into the transmission crossmember to mount correctly. It's easy to do. Also, someone said that the trans skid may come into contact with the exhaust... but the mopar skid I had before my upgrade already had that area 'beaten' down so that the skid didn't touch the exhaust.

yodejt02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front engine skid for an 05 and up will fit older KJs, BUT 05's and up have a different mounting point on the engine skid in the rear so a hole will need to be drilled in the skid. (I am using an 03 skid on my 06)

Transmission skid should fit with no modifications.

Transfer case skid from new to old or other way around WILL NOT FIT (I had a skid for an 03 I was going to use but the whole size and mounting points are way different between the unibody mount point and the crossmember.

Gas tank skid will fit no mods needed

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that a number of those skids on jparts.com are for an 05 and up, willl they work for an o4 at all? What am I in for rocky with my 04 that causes them to be a pain with the transmission skid?

*edit* oh ya, I have a flag you can have rocky, its just a old bike flag on a stick...like what you get at walmart. even still has some badlands mud on it heh.

cool I'll take it. I went to walmart out here NE and they didn't have them. I looked all over the bike section. WTF!

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
uhh... i cant remember lol i bought two.. pm me your cell we can get together after work and meet at a hardware store lol.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my tow hooks and a front suspension skid plate. The wife said I have to wait to order the ****** skid to make sure we have enough money for everything else, which is cool I still have time to get it ordered and put on also. I'm getting exicted heh

Members online

No members online now.