bigger rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

street_jeepKJ

Reaction score
I love this site :emoticondancer:

so I wanto to upgrade my front brakes and rotors. I have some cross drilled and slotted rotors that look nice and upgraded the pads which have helped the braking but I would love to upgrade my calipers to larger calipers maybe 2 piston or more and much larger rotors.

Ive searched online and havent foud any online but does anyone know of any other cars which I could use their larger rotors and better calipers on our KJs?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think anything will fit inside the wheel. Although...you have 17 inch so maybe it's possible? There's probably some other limiting factor as well.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stick with the NAPA Adaptive One pads and ultra premium rotors. They are more than adequate for our KJ's.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toss those drilled rotors and ceramic pads in the trash.Get the Black Magic rotors/pads combo for the KJ,follow the bed-in and you will have better braking then you do now.

If you want larger rotors and calipers it will be 100% custom one-off type of deal which will cost more then your KJ is worth or you have to SFA it and trans plant a JK front axle underneath to use there "big brake" kits from Vanco.

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my rotors with NAPA ultra premium and Adaptive One pads. The rotors were warped within 6,000 miles. Not impressed, they are just Chinese garbage like everything else. I got the original rotors turned and they have been back on there for the last 18,000 miles with no problems.
No I didn't drive through water with hot brakes.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you get better braking with solid rotors. The pads are actually a good size I think. I just changed the pads on an Impala and they were 1/2 the size of the KJ pads. (course, they should be as the KJ is bigger/heavier)

Also, I noticed that the OEM KJ rotors said "Bosch" on them and it seems most replacements (that I noticed anyways) are made in china.

Mangate, I just used the NAPA ultra premium rotors and adaptive one pads on mine so I will see how they do.

TJKJ, where are those "Black-Magic rotors/pads made?

Dave