Avital Remote starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deeskitty68

Reaction score
I am trying to install an "Avital 4003(L)" remote starter on a 2005 jeep liberty sport, but having trouble with the wiring diagrams and what wires from the remote start go to what wires in the jeep, anyone have any help?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a link to the diagram?

where are you stuck?

also - did you buy any of the interface harness stuff?

is your kj a regular key or a chipped one?

Last edited:

Deeskitty68

Reaction score
its a chipped key but it should allow me to use it with the OEN key fob (3 door lock button pushes) and only the wiring harnesses that came with the remote start

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK -

so you are only looking to use oem fob.

That means you have a ‘security’ module there somewhere.

i’ll dig a bit more.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking thru some other forums, i’ve got nothing.

i am wondering if it (yellow) even needs hooked up.

several decent YT videos on remote start. One guy doing a jeep kj had his down to 12 connection points and took out all extra wires from the remote start module.

either it’ll work with yellow not connected, or you might still need the interface module, or it hooks into the yellow start wire.

i can’t find a jeep install doc on avital 4003, but recall the series is similar unit to unit. Ie 4003 and 4103 have similar wiring hookups.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is needed. I don't have any yellow wire connected with my Avital 4103

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on my 06, the 4103 has great range and I needed a relay for the remote unlock to work. Getting the wires stripped and soldered was a pain compared to other vehicle installs

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.