How to program a remote control for KJ European

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adcoski

Reaction score
Hello
You must be registered for see images attach

I am a owner of a European liberty 3.7 from 2005.
Recently I bought two keys to program for my KJ.
These two keys have the same shape as those of origin and are in 433MHz
On the liberty sold in Europe, (I do not know if it is the same thing for those sold in the US), the PIN code to duplicate the starting keys is a rotating code valid only a half hour.
By calling a dealer I managed to get it and therefore was able to
Program the two newly purchased start -up keys thanks to my Topdon T Ninja 1000.
Only the remote control functions do not work.
The Topdon does not offer the possibility of duplicating remote controls for the 2005 Liberty.
The remote control duplication procedure described in the workshop manual works for US vehicles, but not for European vehicles.
In summary, I have the two original keys with the remote control that works and two keys that only serve me to start the vehicle. I would like to be able to copy the remote control functions on the new keys but I can't find any valid procedure.
If someone knows the procedure to copy these keys it would help me
THANKS

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know its a dealer only job unless you can find an independent with a DRB3. I'm in a similar position, I only have one key, I need to get another one programmed. I have access to a high end Snap-on diagnostic tablet so I'm hoping that it will do it..... but I bet it won't!

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Simple soul that I am, I've only got one key - so I know I have to that much more careful I don't lose it.

As for the remote controls, I have no use for them except to open the back door. However, I learned earlier today there's another way, so once I've worked out how, I can ditch the fob - instead of hanging on 'til the batteries fail.

Adcoski

Reaction score
As far as I know its a dealer only job unless you can find an independent with a DRB3. I'm in a similar position, I only have one key, I need to get another one programmed. I have access to a high end Snap-on diagnostic tablet so I'm hoping that it will do it..... but I bet it won't!
To program a starter key, the Ninja 1000 topdon works very well.
Just have the vehicle PIN code and immediately go to the vehicle with the ninja and I was able to redo two keys in 2 minutes.
The problem is to find a dealer who agrees to give this famous 4 -digit PIN code.
Repeating a starter key at Jeep costs 180 €
In France I had to call a dozen Jeep dealers to find one who agrees to give me the code.
As for finding a DRB3 owner, this is an impossible mission.
I suppose that with this device there should be no difficulty in redoing a remote control.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a locksmith clone my key so I have a spare that will start the car, I'd like another remote though.

Adcoski

Reaction score
It's weird, with the Topdon I can schedule the remote control keys for the KJ of 04, 06, 07 and not those of the year 05.
I do not know if the turning PIN code only concerns 05 kJ or if it concerns all KJ.
And for Europe, the method described in the workshop manual to duplicate remote controls does not apply.
Perhaps there is a cloning tool for remote controls, but I found nothing on the internet.
Recently I programmed two startup cards for a Renault Clio, not only did the Ninja created the two cards, but it also initialized the remote controls at the same time and in less than two minutes.

Latest posts

Members online