Aussie TJM Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the general consensus here.
How do they compare to OME for spring rate , height increase , ride quality and longevity?
I didn’t know about these or Ironman springs. Still need to lift the 03..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's cool! I'd love to see that build. Reminds me of the old Hot Wheels days. :gr_grin:

Nothing really exotic but I wish I had taken more pics of my old vehicles... :favorites68:

I was wondering about that when I saw the yellow.

I have pictures somewhere boxed up, started on 10-15s, went to 38s then 40s , fully built 360 in it , fun ride looked down on Peterbilts, straight over on cab over semis

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what is the general consensus here.
How do they compare to OME for spring rate , height increase , ride quality and longevity?
I didn’t know about these or Ironman springs. Still need to lift the 03..

OME over either of the other two, plus you can't get the Ironman anymore here in the USA.
Only two lifts I'll install are the OME or JBA coilovers
Deliver best results, proven over 100,000s of thousands of miles

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have pictures somewhere boxed up, started on 10-15s, went to 38s then 40s , fully built 360 in it , fun ride looked down on Peterbilts, straight over on cab over semis

That's way more creative than the jacked up El Caminos I remember everyone running.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's way more creative than the jacked up El Caminos I remember everyone running.

We also helped build ( 4 WD) a ( forget what year now ) Firebird, 70 Chevelle , 69 VW bug , and a VW Thing .

GA05KJ

Reaction score
And this is not one of those contests but I've done enough wrenching. Love those Petebuilts also. Dad was a heavy equipment shop foreman, been there also. And now support four shop ~20 techs and ~40 bays. My job is to keep all the tech working that they must have now to fix all this stuff.

Yes, Tommudd brings tons respectable experience. But mostly ( no disrepsect )OME which makes sense because they are the most popular and well TJM was not easy to find. More stumbled across it look around at other stuff and thought...hmmmm. In the automotive game easy to find doesn't make a better product and price doesn't either. Ask any shop before you go buy that Blueprint or factory crate. Odds are there is a real guy close by that can actually do it better and cheaper. It is what is wonderful about true mechanics. They can find a way.

And I know OME because their box is still up on the cabinet in the garage.
You must be registered for see images

The old springs are in that box. Keep most everything for the vehicles still "in the house".

Just really trying to use the forum to inquire and inform which should be job #1.
But it looks like it TJM does not have the usage in the U.S. in the numbers that would be an apples to apples comparison. Or at least IMHO not enough. Fine.

But when something is found, at a fantastic price that appears to be a great opportunity and research doesn't seem to indicate it Chinezium crap... well this guy has always liked going with the underdog. Yeah, I live in Georgia it has become a habit!

Will put the pictures together as I gather the remaining parts. Mainly because of being a cheap-ass ( or idiot maintaining 8 cars and three kids in college.. you pick ).

The 05' was the first the 06' is the one that will get the TJM build up.

Cheers.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep us posted. Post pics of the Jeeps!

Any chance TJM and Ironman are the same? Both yellow and both Aussie made...not the first time private labeling has been done.

Disco95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, look, i have not used TJM suspension gear before, but they are a market leader over here.up there with ARB.
Quality products in general.
Hope this helps,
Sean

Disco95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. Post pics of the Jeeps!

Any chance TJM and Ironman are the same? Both yellow and both Aussie made...not the first time private labeling has been done.

As an Aussie, I would have to say no. TJM have been around a long time, and have a good rep over here. Ironman are newer to the game, but building a good rep also. We find that most Aussie brands are pretty good, if not a tad dearer, whereas the imported stuff cannot handle Aussie conditions.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Aussie, I would have to say no. TJM have been around a long time, and have a good rep over here. Ironman are newer to the game, but building a good rep also. We find that most Aussie brands are pretty good, if not a tad dearer, whereas the imported stuff cannot handle Aussie conditions.

Ironman are not nearly as well built as OME
Yes have ran both