Anyone running Eibach springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nascar-ta

Reaction score
I was looking at the Eibach suspension spring on the web and I noticed that they have a set for the kj. Is anyone running these springs?

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs built by Eibach LOWER the Liberty by an inch and a quarter... probably not big sellers.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup lowering springs. i have seen a couple dropped liberties but they look really lame

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach springs are a good lowering spring. If you want to lower your KJ, then I would think they would be as good a lowering spring as any, except for maybe H&R.

There might be a slim chance that you may find someone on here that can give you first had experience with lowering the KJ with Eibach springs, but I would hope for it too much.

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually saw a lowered, 2WD Liberty running at an autocross type event... it was performing some serious a__ whoopin' in the process.

I'm not sure about how the classes are divided up in such events or what criteria is used to classify a vehicle, but the Liberty, having such a short wheel base and comparatively wide track, looked like a natural, competing against larger, longer and heavier SUVs.

Still, I imagine Liberty lowering kit aren't leaping off the shelves...

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Eibach suspension spring on the web and I noticed that they have a set for the kj. Is anyone running these springs?
I saw those too.

I want to make our Liberty handle better and these lowering springs would do the trick since they lower the center of gravity. Since my Lib is a road only vehicle and will never go off road, lowering it is not a big deal. 1-1.5" is NOT a huge drop by any means.

Anyone have pics of lowered Libertys ?

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears 03+ Libertys have already been lowered by the factory.

I just thought I would pass this article along for those who have not seen it.

The Article"

Ground clearance of Liberty decreased

FROM BLADE STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

The ground clearance height on the Toledo-built Jeep Liberty has been quietly lowered in an effort to reduce the vehicle's rollover risk and improve its ride.

DaimlerChrysler AG dropped the suspension by about an inch in the front and three-quarters of an inch in the rear after a roll|over-test accident last fall and after customers asked for improvements in ride, spokesman Rick Deneau said.

The change, made without public notice at the Toledo assembly plant this month, probably will boost the sport-utility vehicle's U.S. rating for rollover risk to three stars out of five from two, he said.

Lowering the suspension means the vehicle doesn't amplify bumps as much, providing a smoother ride, and gives the vehicle a lower center of gravity, helping reduce the possibility of its rolling over.

Unclear is how much the lower clearance will impede off-road driving of the Liberty, but Mr. Deneau said such concerns were not key because Liberty buyers were taking it off road less than Chrysler had expected.

The Liberty, introduced last year, rolled over in an Oct. 16 handling test done by AutoWeek magazine. The rollover occurred in a test of quick lane changes, the first time that happened in assessments of hundreds of cars and trucks since 1992, the magazine said.

"Certainly the publicity of the rollovers was a factor" in lowering the Liberty's suspension, Mr. Deneau said. "But we're also competing against the [Honda Motor Co.] CR-V and the [Toyota Motor Corp.] RAV4, and our buyers want a better on-road performance."

Liberty vehicles already in customers' hands won't be recalled or changed because Chrysler considers them safe, he said. About 123,400 have been sold since the vehicle went on sale in May.

A Monroe SUV shopper told The Blade in December that he was unaware of the AutoWeek test but said the accident might influence his purchase. But a Monroe Jeep dealer said November was a strong sales month despite publicity of the one rollover accident, which Chrysler officials said happened because the test not an appropriate one to determine SUV handling and safety.

Although German magazine Auto Bild said in December the Liberty, sold under the Cherokee name in Europe, had "uncertain" handling and should be recalled, Consumer Reports, a widely read U.S. magazine that tests vehicle handling, later checked the Liberty and had no rollover or major handling problems.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said it had no complaints about rollovers involving the Liberty.

Clarence Ditlow, executive director of the Center for Auto Safety, said Chrysler should do a recall. "The early owners have a right to the same safety features as the new owners," he said.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir! It's actually late '02s and up. Not just '03. Never saw that article though! Interesting read thanks for sharing :)