Anybody tried one of these to save warmup time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have an idea to save us a few bucks every morning.... my wife has remote start on her 05 and she uses it religiously every morning and i think installing one of these pumps and have it plug into a switched outlet, that we can turn on from inside the house would be great.... here's what i found at napa. what do you guys think?
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=BK_6053342_0254089101

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that just getting into the Jeep, starting it and driving off a few seconds later lets the KJ warm up fast and save gas by not idling for 15 minutes. :)

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! I am amazed how fast they heat up. I totally agree with you, but unfortunately my wife doesnt.... haha I swear shes always cold!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of those recirc pump heaters on my truck i used to own, and we had them on almost every tractor on the farm, they do make a hell of a difference. I don't know what the heater hose size is on the KJ, and it might be a pain to get the hoses routed to put it inline, but one of that type would definitely work if you plumbed it in.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is cold, I simply plug in the block heater that is on a timer, run for 3 hours before I leave.
When I start it, warm air is ready to defrost immediately.
I also have a 120v GM car warmer, once the snow is cleared, that will warm the interior body well.

KCJeep

Reaction score
Yeah these engines heat up faster than any other one I have had, was pleased to see that I was not without heat for long.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife made the same comment about a week ago, -10 air temp, like -25 wind chill, and she took the Jeep to work because the drifts were too deep for her car. She comes home and says "wow that Jeep heats up faster than my little car"...

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think that this 850 watt pump will be enough, or should i go with one of the autozone pumps. they offer a 1000 and a 1500... I'm thinking that the 1500 is a bit much but how about the 1000? thanks

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i understand that all of you guys think that they heat up fast enough, but this is my wifes car not mine. And im not gonna let her drive it cold, so its either this or let it run for 10 min in the morning.... So does anybody have any suggestions on what pump to run, because im gonna buy one tomorrow and i still dont know which one to get... thanks

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, im gonna try the 1000, they recommend it for a 6 cylinder on amazon.com. I found it for 25 dollars and free shipping! I figure its worth a shot. I'll try and post some pics and results when im done.