Another Lift Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I am replacing the LBJs and doing a lift with UCAs I just go ahead and pop the spindle off and put in the vice
Have everything up where I can see and work on it
And since have everything removed it is so much easier

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am replacing the LBJs and doing a lift with UCAs I just go ahead and pop the spindle off and put in the vice
Have everything up where I can see and work on it
And since have everything removed it is so much easier
That would be the way to go, if you got a vice. It's high on the list once I'm done building the shop.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be the way to go, if you got a vice. It's high on the list once I'm done building the shop.
Yes a vise is a great tool for many things
I have mine mounted on a 36 inch round wire spool that I sort of squared up , have 4 wheels mounted under it so it is moveable, its heavy enough to pound on/ and hold heavy junk plus a nice work surface

streetsnake

Reaction score
255/65/17 or 245/70/17 is the options that would be best for this setup? Is one preferable over the other? Anyone have tire recommendations? This will mainly be used by my son so it needs to be a decent all around tire but have a good A/T profile. I like the Toyo open country, falken wildpeak, and BFG A/T. Your recommendations are welcomed. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of that 3 the Falken Wildpeak
fan boys think they have to have the BFGs but there are better tires out there like the Wildpeak
and then if using the stock wheels then the 255-65-17s since they are more narrow than the 245-70-17s and will sit on stock wheels better

streetsnake

Reaction score
Out of that 3 the Falken Wildpeak
fan boys think they have to have the BFGs but there are better tires out there like the Wildpeak
and then if using the stock wheels then the 255-65-17s since they are more narrow than the 245-70-17s and will sit on stock wheels better
So the wildpeak. And the 255s would be best on 7.5” rims or 245s since you get .5” extra?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So the wildpeak. And the 255s would be best on 7.5” rims or 245s since you get .5” extra?
On stock 7 or stock 7.5 the 255s
The 245s are over 8 inches wide by a bit so sit better on an 8 inch wide "wheel"
Rim is just part of a wheel

streetsnake

Reaction score
The 245s are over 8 inches wide by a bit so sit better on an 8 inch wide "wheel"
Cool. Thank you
Darn, I thought I had it right. i knew there could be 3 parts. Wheel it is. :)

streetsnake

Reaction score
What about one of the nitto grapplers? Ive heard people say they like them? Specifically the Ridge grapplers

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked into them at one time to test , but after reading reviews, looking at mileage , depth of tread, tread width , dimensions
decided against it
But do as you please/ its your choice in the end

RonB

Reaction score
Not to steel this thread but dont want to start another one.

These are the correct parts for a 2012 2wd?

streetsnake

Reaction score
As I’m waiting for all my parts to come in, is it okay to put on my new front/rear stabilizer link kits and JBA UCAs or is it pointless because I’ll have to remove them when I do the front/rear lift?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As I’m waiting for all my parts to come in, is it okay to put on my new front/rear stabilizer link kits and JBA UCAs or is it pointless because I’ll have to remove them when I do the front/rear lift?
sway bar links ok
the JBA UCAs are for a lifted Liberty , would not be able to get a good alignment until you have a lift installed

streetsnake

Reaction score
sway bar links ok
the JBA UCAs are for a lifted Liberty , would not be able to get a good alignment until you have a lift installed
I wasn’t planning on driving it until we got everything finished up. so the alignment is no big issue. I was going to leave it up on jack stands while we waited…that is if we started install some of the parts

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only word of caution, and maybe it's just me, is being partially into a project that won't be complicated tol weeks or months later opens the door to forgetting to do something. I'm a don't start til ready to finish kinda person. Which is probably why I have a boxs of new parts for my jeep.

streetsnake

Reaction score
I’m trying to understand lifts, tire size, etc. So roughly the stock tire size is 29.5”, correct? So if you put on a 2.5” lift, shouldn’t you be able to put on a 32” tire or at least 31.5? Again, I’m just trying to learn and understand. The Jeep has a 3.73 rear end.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.