Another IFS Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How about having this in your driveway
No not a KJ but a JK
You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they trashed the solid axles for IS all around. I'll be........ Must be for running the Baja in Kali. Only in Kali would someone do that.

Dave

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much smoother ride at high speeds off road. Just like stadium trucks or Baja trucks or dune buggies. It allows you to keep more tire to the ground when going fast. Solid axle just bounces all over IS only the tire over The bump moves...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there was a guy thatw as designing some pretty ********* IFS/IRS kits for rock buggies on another forum and I believe he was asking like $16k per end if I remember right and that was a kit you had to put together yourself.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spending that kind of money to go to independant from solid axles is really just dumb.

unless you're doing custom frame work that is...to get prerunner type independent function, you need to be able to narrow the front frame up, or suck the mounts inward.

that cannot possibly offer enough travel to be worth a $25000 investment.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spending that kind of money to go to independant from solid axles is really just dumb.

unless you're doing custom frame work that is...to get prerunner type independent function, you need to be able to narrow the front frame up, or suck the mounts inward.

that cannot possibly offer enough travel to be worth a $25000 investment.

It's not about travel, like Dave said the person who built this must be runnin it in the baja in kali where they would want to go as fast as possible

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not about travel, like Dave said the person who built this must be runnin it in the baja in kali where they would want to go as fast as possible

yes. so it's about travel.

You can't absorb impact without appropriate travel. fact.

Take a look at the pre-runners. Running 16-20" of travel for the baja 500

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats about all this company does is build for dune and high speed running
Check out their website sometime for some nice pickups.
They did this Jeep and showed it off at the Easter Safari this year

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's cool, I just can't imagine the expense being justifiable. cheaper to start with a tube buggy and skin it to be what you want.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
But then trying to get a buggy that would be street legal
PLUS sometimes its just BA to have something no one else does
Heck I wouldn't waste my time or money to do just a 4.7 swap but people are doing it :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Last edited:

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then trying to get a buggy that would be street legal
PLUS sometimes its just BA to have something no one else does
Heck I wouldn't waste my time or money to do just a 4.7 swap but people are doing it :icon_razz::icon_razz:

LOL. I guess if you have more money than you know what to do with. I could buy a house for what all four corners of that jeep supposedly cost. Albeit, not a nice one.

As far as street legal on a buggy...at least in WI, it's not that hard. Figure out what you want it to look like, put the vin and firewall off of that vehicle onto it, build around that, you're done. Needs turn signals, hi/lo beam, hazards, tails, and windshield wiper. Then inspection for $75 and you're good to go.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. I guess if you have more money than you know what to do with. I could buy a house for what all four corners of that jeep supposedly cost. Albeit, not a nice one.

As far as street legal on a buggy...at least in WI, it's not that hard. Figure out what you want it to look like, put the vin and firewall off of that vehicle onto it, build around that, you're done. Needs turn signals, hi/lo beam, hazards, tails, and windshield wiper. Then inspection for $75 and you're good to go.

I could buy a house for what all four corners of that jeep supposedly cost.
and therein lies the issue since everyone is just guessing what it cost, who knows, maybe one of the guys in the shop who did it in his spare time.
Plus some do have more money than sense but then thats what keeps these companies in business , just like not everyone can go and buy an AEV Jeep optioned the way they want it. But those that can do, the rest of us take our time and build what we have.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking a second time at the pic of that JK I noticed the RCV CV axles in the front - and I'm guess they're on the rear too.

Those babies alone are $2000 per set - so it's not hard to see how you can get to 20 grand per end pretty easy.

All that said though - I think that would be a SWEET Jeep for running dunes or high-speed off road events like the Baja. And it's sure to ride nicely on surface streets too.

Bob