About to Frankenlift, got some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiberatorBB

Reaction score
I'm gonna be installing my Frankenlift and JBA ucas this week. It came with rear bumpstops, but not front ones.
Is a teraflex front bump stop something I should also buy, or is the stock one long enough?
Also, I bought some Cragar soft 8s that are 16x8 with 5" backspace. I plan on putting 245-75-16 duratracs on them. Any idea if I'll need to pound the pinch weld?
Thanks in advance! :worthy:

Brandon

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be installing my Frankenlift and JBA ucas this week. It came with rear bumpstops, but not front ones.
Is a teraflex front bump stop something I should also buy, or is the stock one long enough? GO WITH TERAFLEX ONES
Also, I bought some Cragar soft 8s that are 16x8 with 5" backspace. I plan on putting 245-75-16 duratracs on them. Any idea if I'll need to pound the pinch weld? YES HEAT THE PLASTIC UP AND BEND OUT OF THE WAY, POUND OVER AND MELT THE PLASTIC BACK OVER
Thanks in advance! :worthy:

Brandon

hope that helps

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Common consensus is yes... All J's says not needed :shrug:

If you see yourself pushing the suspension to it's max frequently then they will help you to not over compress the shocks ... personally I can't imagine the coils ever compressing that much they are so freakin' stiff. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see them compressing that much
takes some to do it but its possible

LiberatorBB

Reaction score
Alright, I purchased the bump stops from JeepinbyAl. I'm getting the lift before I can afford the tires, so I've got a few weekends before I gotta pound the pinch welds. I have to find a heat gun somewhere. Thanks for your help guys!