2007 Frankenlifted KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's time to let my KJ go. It is a 2007 2WD Sport with 148k-ish miles on it. These pics were taken about 3 weeks ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now the bad news... A couple days after these pics, it was in an accident. Someone slammed on their brakes in the left lane of the interstate in front of my son, and ABS did not slow him down enough and he rear-ended a minivan. Everyone was OK. No airbag deployment. I have full coverage insurance, but... Got the call yesterday... Insurance totaled it. But, I have the option to keep it for a lower payout... I'd really like to, but I just don't have the time to put it back together, and my son that drives it now really needs a commuter with better gas mileage. Thought I'd reach out to the KJ community and see if any of you, or anyone you know might want it for the insurance buyout cost of $1500. It would have a salvage title due to this incident, but still mechanically as sound as they get. They did check the "frame" (uni-body) and said it was not tweaked. It has Frankenlift on the front (Bilstein, OME 927) and Skyjacker rear lift springs plus spacers (skyjacker no longer makes these springs). Matching Bilsteins in the rear too. JBA 4.5 UCAs with brand new Al's UBJs, Moog lower ball joints, TJ Moab wheels powder coated black with brand new Kumho Road Venture AT51 tires (265/75-16) with less than 500 miles on all 5 wheels. Also running 4.10s in the diff to compensate for the larger tires. That puts the speedo right back to almost perfect ratio. I already bought a Renegade hood, grill, grill reinforcement, and hood latch support to do the Renegade front end swap. Also already have a new pair of LED bumper mount fog lights to use in place of Renegade fogs, and a new 24" light bar to use in place of the now busted Hella 500s I had on it prior to the accident. So it will just need a bumper, paint, and some TLC to be back on the road. I have owned this KJ since its birth, and have meticulously kept up with the maintenance. It has been my baby. Pics of current condition in comments. I live just north of DFW metro area if anyone wants to come take it away to save it, instead of it going to a salvage yard. If nobody wants it over the weekend, I'll make the call on Monday and let Allstate keep it.

Sometimes_I_Jeep

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the light bar. If not, no worries.
Sorry this happened to you. I've been in a very similar situation before.

Latest posts

Members online