255/75R17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get a set of 5 Yokohama G015 tires from work for cheap. Someone ordered them for something and they never sold. Given we aren't a tire shop, it's to my benefit. Anyway has anyone stuffed this size in a 2.5" lifted KJ?

lucsam6

Reaction score
I'll give you some suggested information that I hope will be helpful. This is the information I collected. When it comes to installing larger tires on vehicles with lift kits, there are several factors to consider:

The amount of lift provided by the 2.5" lift kit will determine the maximum tire size that can be accommodated without rubbing or clearance problems. It is important to consult the manufacturer's recommendations. manufacturer or contact a trusted mechanic to ensure compatibility.

Even with a lift kit, wheel space on your KJ (Jeep Liberty) may have limitations. It is important to measure the available space and compare it to the overall diameter and width of the Yokohama G015 tire you are considering. Remember that tire sizes can vary between manufacturers and models.
In some cases, additional suspension or fender modifications may be necessary to accommodate larger tires. It's important to evaluate your vehicle's overall setup and consult a professional if any modifications are needed.

Installing larger tires may affect the accuracy of the speedometer reading and alter the vehicle's overall shifting ability. This can affect performance and fuel efficiency. It may be necessary to recalibrate the speedometer or adjust the transmission to compensate for the change in tire size.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give you some suggested information that I hope will be helpful. This is the information I collected. When it comes to installing larger tires on vehicles with lift kits, there are several factors to consider:

The amount of lift provided by the 2.5" lift kit will determine the maximum tire size that can be accommodated without rubbing or clearance problems. It is important to consult the manufacturer's recommendations. manufacturer or contact a trusted mechanic to ensure compatibility.

Even with a lift kit, wheel space on your KJ (Jeep Liberty) may have limitations. It is important to measure the available space and compare it to the overall diameter and width of the Yokohama G015 tire you are considering. Remember that tire sizes can vary between manufacturers and models.
In some cases, additional suspension or fender modifications may be necessary to accommodate larger tires. It's important to evaluate your vehicle's overall setup and consult a professional if any modifications are needed.

Installing larger tires may affect the accuracy of the speedometer reading and alter the vehicle's overall shifting ability. This can affect performance and fuel efficiency. It may be necessary to recalibrate the speedometer or adjust the transmission to compensate for the change in tire size.
Oh I already know all that, I'm just being lazy and don't feel like bringing a tire in the shop to test fit it. Its no duratrac, so the tread isn't very thick or aggressive. I am the professional, or thats what they call some of my idiot coworkers hahaha

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Geo's, I have them on mine, good on and off road and most importantly quiet at speed.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 3" lift, pinchwelds flattened, and 30" tires rub when steering hard over.

A 32" tire is gonna take some plastic trimming for sure.