2010 jeep liberty sport, first mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owned it for a couple weeks now & love it! Here's step one done so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Would love to get more pics up but I'm having a hard time copying on my phone from photo bucket.

Setup is 16" wheels with 8.5" width. Tires are 255-70-16.

Next steps are -
Chip for fuel economy (recommendations?)
K&N typhoon intake
Flow master cat back and going to have cats removed as I'm in a no emissions state.
Tow hooks (no clue where to order yet)
Skid plates (no clue where to order)
Black side bars (recommendations?)
Bug deflector
Hoping someone makes a header soon!

Hope you guys like the new stance!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Owned it for a couple weeks now & love it! Here's step one done so far.

Would love to get more pics up but I'm having a hard time copying on my phone from photo bucket.

Setup is 16" wheels with 8.5" width. Tires are 255-70-16.

Next steps are -
Chip for fuel economy (recommendations?)
K&N typhoon intake
Flow master cat back and going to have cats removed as I'm in a no emissions state.
Tow hooks (no clue where to order yet)
Skid plates (no clue where to order)
Black side bars (recommendations?)
Bug deflector
Hoping someone makes a header soon!

Hope you guys like the new stance!

Looks OK

save your money and just say NO to the K&N, won't help you out one bit. Flowmaster no extra gas mileage or power just sound
If you want to have issues with running go ahead and remove the cats, PLUS no matter if you have emissions testing or not you CAN NOT legally remove them Federal Law
Tow hooks from Mopar , KJs&KKs are the same
Skid plates same Mopar

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, I get my parts from motovicity so it was cheap and I already orderd... suck that it won't help at all. I knew the exhaust would just be noise, I didn't think removing cats would cause a running issue that's good to know as well, thanks. I expected CELs but was hoping a chip or dummy 02s could clear that. I'm new to jeep all together. I come from road racing 400+ whp wrxs and boosted 350's or vqs for that matter. My NA SI is being finished over the winter but wanted the jeep to have some 4wd fun and get back to my favorite fishing & camping spots. Greatly appreciate the response.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her dirty last night out on some trails. Skid plates and a small lift are a must now

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her dirty last night out on some trails. Skid plates and a small lift are a must now

Just go with an Ironman or OME spring lift with no add-ons. Both will net you a couple of inches of lift over where you are now. Will give your Jeep a nice aggressive look without taking it too high.

Springs and shocks for all four corners will run you about $700 - and it will ride better than it does now too :driver:

Bob

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go with an Ironman or OME spring lift with no add-ons. Both will net you a couple of inches of lift over where you are now. Will give your Jeep a nice aggressive look without taking it too high.

Springs and shocks for all four corners will run you about $700 - and it will ride better than it does now too :driver:

Bob

I agree...I've have ironman shocks/springs on for about 20,000 miles now. Very happy with them. Definitely need a lift, those tires look pretty tight under the front.

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Hypertech Power programmer will work with the 2010 model. I've one installed in my 06 and it made a pretty nice difference in power and fuel economy. Gained about +1.5 in town and am able to hit upwards of 24 on the freeway with fuel economy minded driving. Easily averages 21mpg at 80mph with the A/C on. Better if you dont have to deal with hills/headwind like I do.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have constant hills and headwind where I am to =(. I am roughly 15 miles from lake superior and live up the mountain from a ski resort. the highway I take into work every morning wraps around the resort. Thank you guys for the responses on the suspension and chip!

Searcher67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, whatever you do , DO NOT buy a Daystar budget lift.. Learn from our mistakes... Although. I loved my daystar lift in the beginning, it started to get me down, so I went with OME gear...

Agreed on the CAT removal, nothing to gain