Performance mods for Jeep Liberty 02 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex.walerstein

Reaction score
I wanted to know other than add a chip and a air intake is there any other things I can do to make my jeep faster lmk cause I'm looking into turbo didn't find a lot just need some tips and here's a pic of my jeep have a flow master super 44 with oracle halo smd headlight interior lights are blue just trying to step up my game lmk thanks everyone
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the 3.7 is what it is. You could add a bigger throttle body for more responsiveness but won't make you faster. All the chips and intakes in the world wouldn't help. Regearing could possibly help.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like you might have larger tires, re gearing is best
transgo shift kit might help it feel faster...

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing that will make you faster is to get a completely overhauled engine which is what I did when my old one blew. So I said screw it and bought a brand new long block. Pistons are over sized along with everything else that makes jeep go vroom. Definitely a lot quicker. I also put a glasspack on it. Also ditch those oem wheels for aluminum ones if you're really worried about it. That's what I did. Even the spare.
You said your interior lights were blue. Maybe those will inspire some ideas. I can change the lights under the dash to any color. Also have two Rockford fosgate 12" subs and replaced all door speakers with high quality kenwoods. You seem the type for customization so I'm just throwing my two cents out there.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to know other than add a chip and a air intake is there any other things I can do to make my jeep faster lmk cause I'm looking into turbo didn't find a lot just need some tips and here's a pic of my jeep have a flow master super 44 with oracle halo smd headlight interior lights are blue just trying to step up my game lmk thanks everyone

Chip won't do much if anything computer will learn around it
Stock air box will flow more than enough air for the 3.7 , many have tried but all an air intake may get you is more noise thinking you have more response when you don't
Turbo :icon_lol:the motor will never stand up to a turbo, waste of money
Spend money on things that actually improve the overall ride and handling and keep the maintenance up

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like what do you have in mind for performance some examples

I'm going to go out and say it - you're not getting any better performance out of the motor. It's not happening. Nothing. Zero. Zilch.

Best thing you can do is re-gear for quicker acceleration. That's it.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slow might be an automatic issue? Mine is 5 speed manual and pretty dang quick for a heavyish older Jeep! Had some fun with her out on the highway last night.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-gear was definitely my best performance mod. I had to embarrass a young dummy this morning at the light by the base. For some stupid reason he wanted a quick race.:shrug:...maybe b/c I knew him:icon_lol: I proceeded to ridicule him at work later on for embarrassing him in his pride and joy(Scion Tc).

beepbeepitsajeep

Reaction score
Can I ask why you're looking to get more speed out of a 4x4? If anything I am going to take mine in the air and do the suspension mods and gearing for a lil more power on the trail. LOL lets invent a new type of mod calling it StreetCrawlers...

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean my stickers aren't helping?? :ROFLJest:

You've got an 02 like me. Mine "goes" fine, so probably the best performance upgrade I would recommend would be to help it stop. Those rear drums are not all that great at doing so. :icon_lol:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean my stickers aren't helping?? :ROFLJest:

You've got an 02 like me. Mine "goes" fine, so probably the best performance upgrade I would recommend would be to help it stop. Those rear drums are not all that great at doing so. :icon_lol:

Yup get you some cross drilled and slotted rotors like me. stops great on a dime

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup get you some cross drilled and slotted rotors like me. stops great on a dime

:icon_lol:For a full on track car yes they help, driving around on the street, no help at all really

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:icon_lol:For a full on track car yes they help, driving around on the street, no help at all really

I have them on my 02 (with EBC pads) and tom is right, on the street cant tell a difference.

But when I engage that 4lo with 4:1 ratio, those were the only combo that tamed that crawl ratio.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd regear and make sure you're caught up maintenance wise. Maybe do a shift kit if so inclined. That seems to be what slows the KJ up. My WK has the 3.7, weighs about the same as my KJ (including skids, winch, rock rails, etc) and it feels peppier overall. Nicer transmission in that for sure.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had the EBC drilled and slotted with green stuff pads for about 6 months. Seemed a bit better at first but the rotors warped even with the recommended breakin. Didn't feel like having them machined so I replaced with some Napa premiums. Couldn't tell the difference between the Napa and EBC. The Greenstuff pads were pretty good though. :party52:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the EBC drilled and slotted with green stuff pads for about 6 months. Seemed a bit better at first but the rotors warped even with the recommended breakin. Didn't feel like having them machined so I replaced with some Napa premiums. Couldn't tell the difference between the Napa and EBC. The Greenstuff pads were pretty good though. :party52:

I've had my rotors for almost 2 and a half years. Not warped yet and I drive like I'm in nascar. Better performance for me it seems

Latest posts

Members online