2006 prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stan Wright

Reaction score
Kbb.com and jeepwarehouse.com now have prices for the 2006 Libertys. It appears the overhead console is now available for Sports. The tow package for Sports is a little more expensive. Remote start is listed as an option, but no price listed (dealer installed). Didn't see much else new.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a 2006 in person, and the other items I noticed were a 2,000 increase in the base price, because it now comes with ABS standard, and Electronic Stability Management. I didn't notice too much else on that new model, it was a sport, so it didnt have a whole lot of stuff, but still looked very nice.

Stan Wright

Reaction score
I heard a rumor they were moving the window switches to the doors. Did you notice if that was true?

Another reason the base cost is higher on the Sports is because the 3.7L is now the base motor. I did a comparison of 2005 vs 2006 on the cost of base price + CRD. The 2006 was only $344 higher (invoice price).

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stan Wright said:
I heard a rumor they were moving the window switches to the doors. Did you notice if that was true?

I have always liked having the swtiches in the center. But twice recently, my wife was messing with the windows when I was driving. In once case she closed my window on me... notcool.gif

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still like the switches in the center...even though all my friends and family mess with them.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
For those of us with kids, the center switches are much safer. No chance of them rolling their heads up in a window, sometimes fatally...

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes the 7/70 is gone, that was one reason I opted for the 05 model. I think the dealer said you would be able to purchase a full 7/70 warranty, but that was going to be like 2200 bucks or something like that, seemed a bit rediculous.