2005 Liberty Tow Hook malfunction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email to a few of the big-name brushbar manufacturers to try to get a little light shed on when there will be a bar available for the 2005 renegade. I assumed I'd hear a lot of "we don't have anything for that vehicle", but I was a little shocked at this response from Waag:

Hello,

Per our R&D department, we do not make parts for this vehicle due to
malfunction of tow hooks.
Have a nice day.

Anybody know anything about this? I've already replied back and will post any findings, but this is the first I've heard of a malfunctioning tow-hook on the liberty....

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
false alarm..

I got these responses from followup emails:

Yes, they are different from prior year. You would loose your tow hooks. I
will ask our R&D department for more detailed information on this product.

Sorry,
I usually just do customer service, and I am not a tech.

quite a big difference between "difference between model years" and "malfunction", luckily it was just the first one, but unfortunately, there's still no brushbar for the 2k5.

PCTim

Reaction score
Yes, they are different from prior year. You would loose your tow hooks. I
will ask our R&D department for more detailed information on this product.

So, is there an issue with previous year tow hooks? I do know that mine ripped right off in an accident (and I read another post of this happening to someone else), but that was being pushed (not using to pull). And we both know that our hooks worked well last weekend (whistle) Just curious if you have more info.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online