2.5 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwc9

Reaction score
New member here. I just posted in new member area. Looking to put a 2.5" lift on our 04 liberty. I will do some light off roading but nothing to serious. What lifts would most of you recommend? Like I stated I will not be doing serious offroading. Out in fields and through a friends woods. Like to have just a little more ground clearance and be able to fit some bigger tires. What would be the biggest that would fit with a 2.5 lift? Mostly just highway. Thanks to all in advance!

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the faq.....

TLDR: Ironman or Old man emu from jba. 31 inch tires

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, tons of info on this forum to research and go to jeepin by al's website, Marlin owns that company and has everything you need to lift the KJ. There is also a lift called frankenlift, many use that one also. There are also some places to stay away from. This site will warn you of those. Lifting a KJ properly will cost more than a Cherokee or Wrangler just so you know. If you want a bouncy harsh ride go with the cheap Daystar lift but you will regret it.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member here. I just posted in new member area. Looking to put a 2.5" lift on our 04 liberty. I will do some light off roading but nothing to serious. What lifts would most of you recommend? Like I stated I will not be doing serious offroading. Out in fields and through a friends woods. Like to have just a little more ground clearance and be able to fit some bigger tires. What would be the biggest that would fit with a 2.5 lift? Mostly just highway. Thanks to all in advance!

(welcome)

As said above, read through the "Lift FAQ's" section and you'll learn a ton of information. Be sure to follow the advice given in the various threads - going "off the reservation" and doing something like a spacer lift or buying from a company members here have warned about will give you heartburn and you'll wish you'd followed advice.

Have fun and let us know your questions once you've narrowed down your choices :waytogo:

Bob

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this, if you currently have an open dif, (one wheel wonder) in the back, I would put your money toward a either factory limited slip (used) or a Detroit True Trac. Lifting and tires is great but first concern is having at least 3 tires pushing you over the terrain. Most of the videos out there by the KJ bashers are of our Jeeps unable to climb or go through mud because only two wheels are doing the work, 1 in front and 1 in back. Hence you could have the best tires but wet grass on an incline proves challenging.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lift it and go!
Ironman or OME both ride and handle about the same , both great lifts. Ironman shocks are longer than the OME. Expect to get about 2.5 out of the OME, 2 -2.25 out of the Ironman and nothing else
Add extras like top plate and clevis if you want more
Ride and handling off road will be enhanced and ON ROAD will be 100 times plus better!
read through the info although some is dated and some things have changed

jwc9

Reaction score
Scott, my KJ has the factory limited slip. I have been looking alot and reading about lifts but not sure I want to spend 7-800 bucks on it. More research to do.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Scott, my KJ has the factory limited slip. I have been looking alot and reading about lifts but not sure I want to spend 7-800 bucks on it. More research to do.

You are not going to get anything any cheaper than that price range. It seems like a lot to some but for what you get its not. Ride on the road or offroad is enhanced 100 times, so much better. Some will buy say springs one month, shocks the next etc if costs is a concern all at once. But once you do it, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. In all the lifts I have done I only had one person that wasn't satisfied and thats due to him going against my advice and he bought a Rustys. Few months later when it was back down to almost stock height he wished he had done it right
But up to you, great ride, better handling, cool looks,:friday: or be a stocker :badidea:.........

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another way to look at the 800 for a lift.
Average Pizza is 10 bucks not including tax, delivery, beer/soda etc
So 800 is 80 pizzas , now say you only eat two pieces of that Pizza , with each piece having on the average of 298 calories thats 596 calories per pizza.
Now take that times 80 pizzas and you have ate 47,680 calories and again thats not including the beer you drank washing down the pizza!
So not buying a lift you have to go out and walk more, exercise more to get rid of that almost 50,000 calories
See its better for your health to buy a lift!!!!:hidesbehindsofa:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a story that I wrote about a friend and a cheap lift. If you want to spend $500, then safe a few more months and get the proper lift. Trust me you will thank everyone that is telling you go with OME or Iron Man.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a story that I wrote about a friend and a cheap lift. If you want to spend $500, then safe a few more months and get the proper lift. Trust me you will thank everyone that is telling you go with OME or Iron Man.

There are always those non-believers who want to try and prove us wrong. Problem is they have been around since the dawn of time and we've all seen them come and go. So sad:laughing1:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep!! My buddy is waiting anxiously for me to change my front lift so he can buy my springs. At the beginning I was going to make him suffer for a lill but. Lol!!! But I drove he's kj last night and he really needs them. So he's getting my front springs and shocks...:favorites37:
So he's getting out off the dark side!! Lol!!

jwc9

Reaction score
Luckily we do not pizza delivery around here. LOL I will just do more research. Thanks!

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have complete front spring assemblies with Daystar lift. 128k 0n springs and 65k on Daystar pucks and top plates. Yours for the cost of shipping. No warranty but its all there, ride is lousy compared to my new lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had a RRO spacer lift laying here since 2005 that came with my used ARB.
I would never sell it or even give it away, wouldn't want to do that to anyone. They do make great door stops and of course for educational programs to new KJ owners.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking what could I do with the old rear spacers, they made their way to the trash can. Only reason I haven't tossed the front is because they are still assembled, least I could do is send the coils to the recycler.

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking what could I do with the old rear spacers, they made their way to the trash can. Only reason I haven't tossed the front is because they are still assembled, least I could do is send the coils to the recycler.

You can take them. To the recycling place on 405 in Titusville! Lol!!!!!!

ROMEO KJ

Reaction score
Another way to look at the 800 for a lift.
Average Pizza is 10 bucks not including tax, delivery, beer/soda etc
So 800 is 80 pizzas , now say you only eat two pieces of that Pizza , with each piece having on the average of 298 calories thats 596 calories per pizza.
Now take that times 80 pizzas and you have ate 47,680 calories and again thats not including the beer you drank washing down the pizza!
So not buying a lift you have to go out and walk more, exercise more to get rid of that almost 50,000 calories
See its better for your health to buy a lift!!!!

Priceless!