05 KJ from SE OH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angrydogtattoo

Reaction score
Just bought an 05 Sport 4x4 3.7, from my nephew who is selling cars at a dealership, trying to help him out and I needed a vehicle with a good frame as my truck was getting dangerous. Came with the oh so popular rear glass will not latch problem, was going to get fixed at the dealership, all I had to do was schedule it, however silly me I popped it open to show the mrs. the back and had to drive home with it up. I found all new hardware, so someone had worked on it very recently but with the wear on the lock bar the system would not "click" after much research and climbing in the back while someone "tried" to shut the glass...I made a small wedge and now she works fine. I'm not a fan of that type of repair. I much prefer something original or decent aftermarket but with rain coming I had to work fast...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome)

Great to have another Ohioan on the forum! On the rear glass, do you hear a click when you try to open it with the remote? And does it click when you pull the tailgate latch out halfway?

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy your Jeep and the forum. I see our Ohio guys are starting to find you.

Dave

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 05 Sport 4x4 3.7, from my nephew who is selling cars at a dealership, trying to help him out and I needed a vehicle with a good frame as my truck was getting dangerous. Came with the oh so popular rear glass will not latch problem, was going to get fixed at the dealership, all I had to do was schedule it, however silly me I popped it open to show the mrs. the back and had to drive home with it up. I found all new hardware, so someone had worked on it very recently but with the wear on the lock bar the system would not "click" after much research and climbing in the back while someone "tried" to shut the glass...I made a small wedge and now she works fine. I'm not a fan of that type of repair. I much prefer something original or decent aftermarket but with rain coming I had to work fast...

Southeast Ohio,eh?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
if you need any help on anything us Buckeyes have seen it, done it and can repair it after we tear it up
:happy175:
What part as well, currently sitting at a Micky Ds in Monroe County ( after driving 11 miles just to get here ) just to have internet :ROFLJest:
If you see any of these, flag me down:gr_grin: well mostly the green now until the Black one os back on the road
You must be registered for see images attach

Angrydogtattoo

Reaction score
Sorry, guys work got real busy.

Bob, my glass works now as it should (now), it opens using the remote, I double click and it pops open, I could use new support struts as it sometimes doesn't go up on its own, but needs a nudge to get going, it does however hold its own weight. The issue was that with the new latch, (not sure if it was dealer or after market (if one is available) but it was new) was that when you attempted to shut the window the "hoop" that is mounted to the window could not be pushed back far enough to latch, the latch part worked fine, I could close the latch with the window up and open it with the remote. I sat inside and had the Mrs. close the window with the rear panel off, I could see that the hoop just didn't go back far enough, I think the new latch design is off a touch, I loosened the latch so that I could move it and repeated the window test, I found that if I lifted the latch 1/4" then it would latch consistently. I made a wooden shim and boom, it works. I think I do need to replace the tailgate wire, as I hear it accepting when I put it in reverse and back up, (if the doors are not locked) funny if I lock them it doesn't click when I back up if I don't I hear the tailgate latch click. Also the rear handle doesn't pop the window in the "first" position, so that is telling me that the tailgate wire needs replaced. I've found a few repairs on the web, I will do that when it warms up and rework the brakes all around.

I'm very happy with the Libby and plan to keep it a long while, has anyone taken theirs in for recall work? I would like to get a hitch installed and I see I can get one through the recall.

Mark

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My 05 you have to double click it to open
If replacing rear glass struts replace them both at the same time,
Hitch is free for sure, my 04 still doesn't have a freebie but the other two have them installed now:happy175:
So what part of " SE Ohio " :shrug:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...So what part of " SE Ohio " :shrug:
Yeah, I'd like to know too. I'm currently in Northern VA but have family is SE Ohio. I'm working to get back to the Cleveland area right now. (And it just may happen soon.) :party52:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.