04 Liberty Limited Infinity Sound UPGRADE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanyerfo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently I bough and 04 Liberty, when I got it the previous owner had changed the stock speakers to some cheap ones. I sounds alright, but at high volume it *****. I decide to go ahead and start by replacing the stock HU for a Pioneer AVH-2700, the quality increased a bit, but is still not enough, so today I decided to purchase on ebay new front components speakers, coaxial for the rear and 3.5 speakers for the dash.

I've been doing some research on how to set it up, but apparently there are many methods and I wanted to ask what you guys think will be a good set up with what I currently have.

HU:
Pioneer AVH-2700

Front Speakers (Components):
POLK AUDIO DB6501
RMS Power Handling: 200 watts per set / 100 watts each side

Rear Speakers (Coaxial):
POLK AUDIO DB651
RMS: 120 watts per pair / 60 watts each

Dash:
POLK AUDIO DB351 3.5
RMS Power: 70 watts per pair / 35 watts each

Underseat Powered Sub Woofer:
ROCKFORD FOSGATE PS-8
RMS Power: 150 watts

I know that adding an amp for the front, rear and dash speakers is the best option for quality sound, but given the fact that there isn't much space and I will be already installing the under seat subwoofer I would like to avoid getting another amp for the speakers.

My questions is, can I run all the speakers using the front OEM amps, or is it better to bypass it and rerun the wires from the HU to all the speakers.

Any suggestions which be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to run another set of wires - you can use the same ones going to the speakers now.

I have the Pioneer AVH-3600BHS and there's enough power to run all the speakers. My system is weak on the bottom end - currently researching a good, low profile under-seat sub.

Bob

Juanyerfo

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Bob!

So what you are saying is to use the factory oem amps without bypassing them?

Regarding the under seat sub, I did some research and found that the ROCKFORD FOSGATE PS-8 CAR 8" is a pretty good option for the price. One of my friends also had one and it sounded pretty clean. I think mine was around $170 with shipping.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hook up the speakers using the factory wiring. The only tie I would say to upgrade wiring is if you choose to install an amplifier like I did.

Juanyerfo

Reaction score
Thanks renegade 04!

I guess I will do that. If I decide to get an amp in the future I will do what you did.