'03 KJ Recall Info for CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, OH, PA, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure get a free set before you lift , then install your lift and sell the stock ones to someone for 100 bucks:D and buy JBAs
Reason there are no more zerks installed on any vehicle is because they wore out as well. People were too lazy to get under there and grease them so they went to a sealed ball joint etc.
Parts are made for lazy owners and then you have to replace them

I never did go in for the LBJ replacement, done it myself so it was done right

Agree with TBJ no way they should waste money replacing wearable parts on a 7 or 8 year old vehicle, plain stupid,

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with TBJ. I think it's rediculous to recall ball joints on a vehicle like my '03 KJ with 86,000 on it. They are a normal wear and tear part, and they are expected to go bad at some point. Perhaps they should have set a certain milage limitation on them.

I think what is really messed up with this whole situation is that state governments are making the decision to use road salt and brine solutions to keep roads bare(not just passable), and then a federal government agency forces a vehicle manufacture to dish out major cashola to fix vehicle failures. Doesn't something seem wrong with that?

Hey, while we're at it, can't we do something about the rust on my Jeep because I live in a state that use salt?

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't use salt at all! They should plow, then sand (if necessary) and that's it! If you're stupid enough to buy a vehicle not capable in the snow when you live in an area that gets LOTS OF SNOW, then DUH! Too bad for you, get stuck! The salt destroys cars, environments, and roads. The salt, salt trucks, and salt truck operators cost money during the winter and during every other season we're spending more money to fix the damn roads they've destroyed the pavement on with the stupid salt. At least, that's how Assachusetts works. Only a few more months til I'm outta here. YAY!

-End rant-

07kj

Reaction score
There's about 5000 of the recall UCA's available as of now, so if it's covered(with a VIN, I can tell you if your's is), now's the time to get it done.

list of most states involved in the recall:
Connecticut Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Delaware Michigan Rhode Island
Illinois Minnesota Vermont
Indiana Missouri Virginia
Iowa New Hampshire Washington, DC
Kentucky New Jersey West Virginia
Maine New York Wisconsin
Maryland Ohio

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the Jeep website and put my VIN in, still doesn't show this new recall, any ideas here?

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
I checked on this recall yesterday, the lady I spoke with from Chrysler customer service said my Jeep just missed the recall by two months. Mine was manufactured in March of 2002. But that ***** for anyone else who has to get it done. Dealerships hate dealing with recalls.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Libby is not part of the recall

Why not though, thats what i don't understand... It's an 03' and i live in the salt/rust belt here in MN.

How they are handling this recall is very odd, some qualify, some don't, whats the actual determining factor they are using to qualify some, that's what i'm more curious about than anything.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The build date on my '03 is 11/02 and according to the Jeep website, nothing. FWIW

Also, my '03 was originally sold in Mass.

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has an 03' build date and is an 03', so if they are going by build date thats not it. Mine was originally sold up here in MN, so that shouldn't matter either.

Mine doesn't show the new recall though.