New Recall just released. J18, 02-03 KJ upper ball joints.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I dropped mine off yesterday about noon, I was told it would take about 3-4 hrs. I got a call around 4pm and he said "um ya we're not gonna be able to finish it today so we will have to keep it overnight." I say "WTF? You've got to be kidding me?" He says "well since yours is the first to come in for the recall, we didn't know how involved it was going to be. Plus since your jeep is 8 yrs old we're having a hard time getting the bolts loose." Needless to say I was pissed! How can you be a dealer service center and not know what is involed in replacing UCA's!! So anyway I got a call about 9:30am telling me it was ready. It's a good thing I wasn't paying for it, and it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for me, or heads would have rolled!

ouch. what dealer did you drop Your Jeep off with?

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up with the giganourmos camel in your sig?

And since this is a 'new' recall it will probably show up some time soon...if you are affected.

Yes this recall shows up, I was just wondering about previous recalls--none of them show up so I'm assuming everything was taken care of. As for the camel, I thought it was cute...but I got a message telling me it was too big and I didn't want to resize it so I took it down =P

RenegadeMarine

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying TBJ, and you're right I shouldn't get upset over a free service. I didn't take my anger out on them, and I cooled off pretty quickly when I realized it. I was just kinda frustrated by the fact that when I set up the appointment they told me it would be 3-4hrs. So thats why I planned it when I did too accomodate mine and my fiance's schedules. It wasn't too much of an inconvenience for me, but if I would have had needed the jeep in the morning, I would have expressed my frustrations to them. I think I was more bothered about them being a dealer service center, and he made it sound like they had no idea what was involved in a UCA replacement. But anyway it is what it is, and it was free, so I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Thanks TBJ for keepin me in check lol.

Oh, Marlon it was Jim Riehls Friendly Jeep on 14 mile and VanDyke, and they ARE very "friendly" there. Thats probably one of the reasons why I didn't take my unwarranted frustrations out on them.

Members online

No members online now.