Monroe Load Adjusting Shocks - Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Installed these bad boys on the weekend... PN:58649 for 04' Dakota.

You must be registered for see images attach

The spring perch needed to be ground down a bit at the outside front corner but nothing drastic. That and a few galvanized washers to take up a little slack at the mounting points is all that was required.

The shocks noticeably stiffened up the back end ... which is something I really wanted ... The front frankenlift assembly is so tight the back end (948's) always felt loose by comparison.

One thing I did not expect was an extra 1/2" of lift. I went from 22.5 to 23" in the rear. I thought it was just "phantom" lift but even after an off road beating the 1/2" remained. :waytogo:

Oh and... I have no idea yet if they actually do what they are supposed to :D .. tomorrow will be the first major load to test.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They work great, been running them for over 5 years, was the first to run them on a KJ
Haul a bunch with a 6X10 enclosed and 5X8 open trailer, plus the extra weight that I always have in the back

They bolt right on a KK by the way without cutting etc

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used coil overs before on sedans. They do help to support some extra weight.
They initially can be a bit tight, but once you load up you will notice a positive difference!
You may even notice on the kJ the rear end holds tighter.
Look forward to your load & handling comments Luke!
Last time I really loaded up with large heavy coolers in the back and rear seat & floors, the rear sagged a bit.
This was not on level ground though it is in a bit of a dip.
49925[/ATTACH]"]

Edit2-2017 I decided after blowing out the rear bilstein to install the Monroe load levelers.
49927[/ATTACH]"]

What a difference, way tighter loaded or not, less body roll.
49929[/ATTACH]"]

Awesome ride now-Thanks to Luke.

Attachments

• 92u4sHp.jpg
    92u4sHp.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 5
  • QfVKXM5.jpg
    QfVKXM5.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 5
  • pMPTdqM.jpg
    pMPTdqM.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on my Astro and had 'em on my Bravada. Made a HUGE difference towing or hauling. Seem to make a difference in cornering even when empty.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may consider those. I've had mine loaded, with about 1,000 lbs. of printed material, and the back was squatting down a couple of inches. It's rare that I load it up like that, but good to have extra support when needed. I've used the coil shocks back in my dune buggy and baja bug days, but being such a light vehicle, those made a noticeable (harsher) ride difference.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I may consider those. I've had mine loaded, with about 1,000 lbs. of printed material, and the back was squatting down a couple of inches.

That's exactly what I'm packin' once a week. It's just a 30 mile trip but I'm poppin' a wheelie all the way and cringing at what I'm doing to my OME springs overloading them like that. I would only have an inch or so of clearance at the top of the tire most of the time.

Tomorrow we shall see as Bulkhead :whip: goes back to the grind.... after being lavished with ~500 bucks worth of new parts. :)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hmm I like the price tag too. I'll probably replace my blown Ironman shocks with these.

No doubt .. even in Canada I got them for $104 a pair.

It is rather hilarious though (Amazon.ca) they estimated 4 weeks to ship :happy175: I gave it a shot and they shipped in 2.

good deal... you just can't be in a hurry :mexsmoke:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I tried them first ... for us lucky Canucks it's $93.27 CDN + 43.27 shipping (and tax) ... :thumbsdown:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a garage floor as clean as yours :whip::gr_grin:

Seriously, looking forward to your thoughts. I know Tom has been really pleased with them on the Kilimanjaro Edition - curious how they handle on a KJ that's more "stock" weight. ;)

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mines due to be replaced but then they have over 82,000 on them as well . Past their time or shall we say longer than I like to run them. They've been loaded to the gills with a full trailer and loaded inside as well.
The last 3 months been pulling a loaded enclosed trailer 2 days a week 165 miles one way with not much sag at all.
They've been off road and flexed out as well

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I have learned so far .. you just need to find a sister who buys mansions and then moves to Europe. :happy175:

You mean someone like Oprah? :-k headscratch.gif (Aeh)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to remember who all is running them right off hand besides me, I know Marlon-JB2 , John317, 501, all are and have been for quite a while now
Marlon and Daryl ( 501) have been for 3 years or so as well if you want other ones to ask how they ride

Latest posts

Members online