Monroe Load Adjusting Shocks - Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
You mean someone like Oprah? :-k headscratch.gif (Aeh)

That would work ...

Loaded up with well over 1000 lbs this morning, only sagged about an 1.5". Much better than prior loads. I would usually split this size load into two trips ... even then the back end would be way down.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to remember who all is running them right off hand besides me, I know Marlon-JB2 , John317, 501, all are and have been for quite a while now
Marlon and Daryl ( 501) have been for 3 years or so as well if you want other ones to ask how they ride

I've ran them for 3yrs on my KJ and I also run them on my lifted Trailblazer and they are every bit as good as they say.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow for once I can get a good deal on parts in canada and not have to pay an arm and a leg just to pay for shipping from the US...guess I'll be on amazon today lol :happy160:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to put these shocks on. I just loaded mine up with thirteen 80 lb. bags (1,040 lbs) of masons mortar in the back, and spread over the back seat area. She's squatting a tad, and drove a little squishy (rock & roll) in back. No slalom test with a load like this, that's for sure! ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol .. that's pretty much what I used to look like.

I actually lifted the front drivers side tire off the ground (nearly pooped my pants) during a spirited left turn one day :eek:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
This is just over 1100lbs of print... could be more I kind lost count ...lol.

Now that I think about it .. it's not a good location for the shot, the driveway is sloped ... and I think the left rear is on the hose :happy175:

They make a big difference in the handling with heavy loads that's for sure.

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Well... highly unscientific (sleepy) measuring this morning :D so don't quote me.

You name it I haul it ;) ... legal doc's, store flyers, newsprint, etc etc

here is an unloaded reference shot ...

Edit .. I'll put it above instead ^^^

I'll put this link here for Prof .. so he doesn't get lost #post634639 :happy175:

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? What? Where am I... :think:

Unloaded, eh? Sounds like the driver can't say the same. :party52: :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I find this sort of funny how much attention these shocks have been getting lately. I'm happy that some are finally catching up to the rest of us :icon_twisted::happy175::ROFLJest:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you're entertained. lol
I used coil shocks on my dune buggy and baja bug back in the 70's, so it's nothing new to me. But I didn't know there was one made for our lifted Liberty....well technically there isn't. Up till now, I was considering going with load assist air bags in back.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I'm happy that some are finally catching up to the rest of us...

"Surpassed" might be the word I'd think of. Luke's had those on there for a just a week and look at how much fun he's had already. :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Beats having to fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way. :mexsmoke:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you're entertained. lol
I used coil shocks on my dune buggy and baja bug back in the 70's, so it's nothing new to me. But I didn't know there was one made for our lifted Liberty....well technically there isn't. Up till now, I was considering going with load assist air bags in back.
Yep used them back in the 70s as well on pickups on the farm
Thats why when I was looking for something extra 6 years ago I found these and finally installed them. Some said they would not work :happy175::happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
"Surpassed" might be the word I'd think of. Luke's had those on there for a just a week and look at how much fun he's had already. :D

Surpassed ??:ROFLJest:
You haven't witnessed how much fun I've had in the back of mine over the past 5-6 years :whip:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stiil have the set on my old 70s pick up, use to buy them at Sears back then. Add springs make your Owen body lift blocks, blocks over the springs coil over shocks. No lift kits back then.

Members online

No members online now.