Monroe Load Adjusting Shocks - Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My Great-Grandpappy had a set on his Conestoga Wagon. Made it as far as El Paso before the injuns got 'im. He'd be alive today if he had only bought the Daystar.

:mexsmoke:

(He'd be alive because the injuns would have been laughing too hard to shoot straight, not that I'd really know because I'm "That Guy".)

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah? Well my best friends cousins twice removed uncles daughter knows this guy who went to school with this guy who had a brother, and this brother had a friend, this friend of his claimed to have known a man who stood on both feet most of the time, but had one arm shorter than the other, and wrist the size of a axle!!! Apperently he had the FIRST ever load adjusting shocks. Suprised no one has ever heard of this. :happy175::ROFLJest::gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I stiil have the set on my old 70s pick up, use to buy them at Sears back then. Add springs make your Owen body lift blocks, blocks over the springs coil over shocks. No lift kits back then.

Used to also be able to buy just the springs and what almost looked like muffler clamps , install over you own shocks for extra lift etc. First set of those that I had went on a 1960 Pontiac Ventura 2 door hardtop, 389 with tri-power 3 carb setup from a GTO. Man thinking back that was in 1970:emotions34:Wish I still had that car, so many memories in the back.....................well..............

Last edited:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they red? Buried somewhere, I have a pair that I kept from my totaled baja bug back in 1982.

Omg yes they are red and no not buried I still have them on the truck it's in my garage with 48000 miles on it. It's the first and only new vehicle I've bought.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Omg yes they are red and no not buried I still have them on the truck it's in my garage with 48000 miles on it. It's the first and only new vehicle I've bought.
Only 48,000 ? Wow what kind is it?
My first brand new truck that I bought was a 75 Ford 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive . We put over 95,000 on it the first two years just traveling all over pulling a Shasta trailer, plus using it on the farm. Wish I still had that truck today.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 48,000 ? Wow what kind is it?
My first brand new truck that I bought was a 75 Ford 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive . We put over 95,000 on it the first two years just traveling all over pulling a Shasta trailer, plus using it on the farm. Wish I still had that truck today.

Shiver me timbers!!! That is a lot of miles in just 2 years Momtudd!!! Did you go coast to coast several times?

Last edited:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy 79 C-10 fleet side short bed with 350 four bolt and standard trans, same year I went in the service for way to many years. Wasn't state side much so I would work on making parts or getting them and play with it when I was state side. 1st Ironside M60A3 to M1A1 and places I wasn't