lower radiator hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new lower hose did not have a spring, so you might have to pull the spring out of the old one. If you forget, I am not so sure it matters.

If you are changing your hoses because you think one is leaking, start looking at your radiator. Mine started dripping off the end of the lower hose and made me think it was a bad clamp or hose. It wasn't.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new lower hose did not have a spring, so you might have to pull the spring out of the old one. If you forget, I am not so sure it matters.

If you are changing your hoses because you think one is leaking, start looking at your radiator. Mine started dripping off the end of the lower hose and made me think it was a bad clamp or hose. It wasn't.

yeah, i was looking at the gates hose, and it say's
"GATES Part # 22718 More Info Molded Coolant Hose; 1 25/32" x 12 1/32" Does Not Contain Spring"

the other hose's listed mention nothing about a spring

no leak, just some PM, the hose has a green color too it, and since I will be changing the high and low pressure power steering lines due to a leak on the high pressure, it would be a good time to do the radiator hoses too,

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea for sure. Seeing the other Chrysler cars in your signature line - you are not a "noob". :)

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dad worked at the factory in Delaware so kind of influenced my buying decisions

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer, and for 2.50 more for lower and upper rad hose I can get it from them, and they said it has the spring coil in it
so i will pick it up there

thanks again for your help

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up both upper and lower hoses from the dealer, the lower did have a new spring coil in it, I got it from an online dealer,
cost was 28$ total including shipping

here is a pic of new vs old hoses

upper hose
You must be registered for see images attach

lower hose
You must be registered for see images attach