XJ Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am up and running. Runs great. Had a TPS issue but other than the head problem everything else looked good. So remaned heads and timing chains, new gaskets, new water pump, hoses and belt. I got the seat adjusted to a comfortable position but its fubar. I will find a replacement somewhere. Rest of the interior is in good shape and the hvac is now working correctly. Going to Jeep for a new trailer hitch and one other recall. Has an air bag light and the cruise is not working. Going to let then see whats up with that while its there. Serviced the transmission and it shifts smoothly.
So now the fun part...JBA Kit on the way with adustable struts and UCA's.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am up and running. Runs great. Had a TPS issue but other than the head problem everything else looked good. So remaned heads and timing chains, new gaskets, new water pump, hoses and belt. I got the seat adjusted to a comfortable position but its fubar. I will find a replacement somewhere. Rest of the interior is in good shape and the hvac is now working correctly. Going to Jeep for a new trailer hitch and one other recall. Has an air bag light and the cruise is not working. Going to let then see whats up with that while its there. Serviced the transmission and it shifts smoothly.
So now the fun part...JBA Kit on the way with adustable struts and UCA's.

You'll love the adjustable setup from JBA. It rides very well also.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it's all working out for you! Seats are very nice, I have no experience with Corbeau but obviously a reputable and quality company/product.
:cheers:

Bert

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has an air bag light and the cruise is not working. Going to let then see whats up with that while its there.

I'd like to hear what you find out about this. Mine has an intermittent AB light when it's warm out. Been doing it for about a year and can't seem to find anything amiss. :shrug:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear what you find out about this. Mine has an intermittent AB light when it's warm out. Been doing it for about a year and can't seem to find anything amiss. :shrug:

Mine is when it's cold out haha. Just random. Had the passenger side airbag replaced due to a fault found when the light stayed on. Now it's on and off.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am guessing I may have a bad clock spring. The horn is working so thats not a given but the cruise out is usually a clock spring.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is when it's cold out haha. Just random. Had the passenger side airbag replaced due to a fault found when the light stayed on. Now it's on and off.

Well that's interesting. :happy175:

I'll forget about mine and then it will chime on after about 5 minutes but only when the outside temp is above about 40-50 degrees F. Started about a month after that harness recall. Checked their work and it looks okay to me. Some day I'll have it read but haven't had it to a dealer in years. (well, other than that recall)

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it's all working out for you! Seats are very nice, I have no experience with Corbeau but obviously a reputable and quality company/product.
:cheers:

Bert

I sure they are nice..fitment would be the only issue. Biggest problem with aftermarket seats is getting the seat belts to work correctly.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW I ended up getting heads from Cylinder Heads International. They had them in stock and I got them in a couple of days. The send you UPS lables and don't charge a core if they get them back in 30 days. They even took that head with cracked lifter holder as a core.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I ended up getting heads from Cylinder Heads International. They had them in stock and I got them in a couple of days. The send you UPS lables and don't charge a core is they get them back in 30 days. They even took that head with cracked lifter holder as a core.

I've heard some good things about them. That was going to be my choice if I needed rebuilts when I pulled my heads to replace the HGs. I lucked out when I took mine to a very good local machine shop and was told they were in good shape so just resurfaced and cleaned up. 5k since and no problems.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my JBA lift kit in and got the right side put in. Had difficulty with getting the strut in. Pulled the UCA and the brake caliper but could not get the LCA down enough for everything to line up. Finally got it in by running the preload nuts off the spring and compressing the shock with a long pry bar and getting into place. Then pryed the LCA down to restart the preload nuts. I did not unbolt the sway bar, was that my problem?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my JBA lift kit in and got the right side put in. Had difficulty with getting the strut in. Pulled the UCA and the brake caliper but could not get the LCA down enough for everything to line up. Finally got it in by running the preload nuts off the spring and compressing the shock with a long pry bar and getting into place. Then pryed the LCA down to restart the preload nuts. I did not unbolt the sway bar, was that my problem?

Sway bar helps some, I always unbolt it on all lifts . Then of course bolt back after full weight is on the ground
BUT on the JBA adjustable coilovers I basically take shock/springs apart, as well as remove clevis, get everything in there and reinstall it all together , takes just a few minutes and makes it so much easier . Easier than fighting it, removing the Upper Control Arm etc .

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway bar helps some, I always unbolt it on all lifts . Then of course bolt back after full weight is on the ground
BUT on the JBA adjustable coilovers I basically take shock/springs apart, as well as remove clevis, get everything in there and reinstall it all together , takes just a few minutes and makes it so much easier . Easier than fighting it, removing the Upper Control Arm etc .

Thx..I got new UCA's so pulling them is going to happen anyway. I will try the sway bar. It was late and I already spent a hour or so putting a timing chain in a KTM 690 so I was not exactly fresh..lol. Didn't think about removing the clevis.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIHP1KJUbFUAVHD7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBzNWN0ZjRuBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMjY-?p=jeepinbyal&vid=e23a9f8faa184512d82092275e7728b6&l=3%3A57&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608004431348564323%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_KK3T5OTjN4&***=Jeep+Liberty+coilover+strut+install+in+less+than+5min&c=25&sigr=11b6rqp3n&sigt=11ll2agst&age=0&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&&tt=b

See I want it to go like this...lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIHP1KJUbFUAVHD7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBzNWN0ZjRuBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMjY-?p=jeepinbyal&vid=e23a9f8faa184512d82092275e7728b6&l=3%3A57&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608004431348564323%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_KK3T5OTjN4&***=Jeep+Liberty+coilover+strut+install+in+less+than+5min&c=25&sigr=11b6rqp3n&sigt=11ll2agst&age=0&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&&tt=b

See I want it to go like this...lol

Yep that simple if you don't have the UCAs in place already :happy175:
But if you do, its a whole other ball game then:icon_lol: