Would these speakers work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to replace the stock speakers in the KJ, the last one went yesterday and now they all rattle. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a used pair or new stock speakers to get me through til I can buy an amp and another decent set after christmas. I found some on ebay from a 2000 XJ, and I wondered if anyone knew whether they would fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AM-F...5fQQitemZ120477615711QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

The tweeters in the KJ seem to be fine, the rear speakers don't work unless you fade to back and turn the volume to level 50+, and then you can just barely hear it...the driver's side front has rattled since I bought it, and the passenger side went out yesterday so now it rattles too.

If you guys could let me know what will fit and what won't, where to get some for not too much $$$, or even have a used set lying around that you don't need...reply or send me a PM. Thanks!

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
They are not the THREE mount basket, those only have two. I think they'd physically fit, but the mount holes won't line up. They are from a 2000 Cherokee.

Them said:
Chicks dig uninterrupted music without commercials.
I always knew...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope over to crutch field and check out speakers and prices. Not sure if you have the infinity system but be aware the front speakers may have a crossover mounted to them to separate the mids and send the highs to the tweeters in the dash.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can repair your old speakers pretty easily if you want to.

Removed the speaker and place a small bead of clear silicone between the foam surround and the metal speaker housing. Let it dry 24 hours and reinstall.

Mine is still working great after six months or so, and there hasn't been any noticable sound loss or difference.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May have to try that. My passenger side speaker finally let go an its rattling like screws in a tin can, sounds awesome. Not sure if I want to spend $200+ on components and rewiring everything to run new tweeters in the dash. Probably have to custom mount those tweeters in the dash too. If I did that I would be forced to go ahead and get an amp for everything.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to give the silicone thing a try too--won't help the back ones that just don't work, but in the meantime, thanks to everyone for clearing up the XJ-KJ speaker switch =]

Latest posts

Members online