Working on rear uca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing arm and adding the y extension. Two questions:
How do you know the correct pinion angle? Looks good with one washer.

And should i put the rear sway bar back on or not?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
See if you like without, otherwise easy enough to put back on.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever after removing my rear sway bar. And that's with driving mostly on slick snowy roads, and an interstate where we get wind gusts of 60+mph on a daily basis.

I don't do any off-roading though, so I don't know if you would notice a difference there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct way to set pinion angle

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice jba uca extension pic!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NICE PIC!

the UCA bushings looks like they sit in the nice/right spot. maybe too nice??

when the suspension gets fully compressed, is the angle of the UCA vs the bushings still going to be is a good/ safe position with this setup??

I was thinking maybe their should be some tension on the bushings when the suspension is at rest so that when the suspension is compressed all the way down, the bushing isnt overly stressed from the angle of the UCA??

If I can get my thoughts out here correctly... with the JBA extension & washers, can you or should you set the angle of the UCA vs the bushing angle ..set the angle so that it is correct whether the suspension is fully compressed & fully uncompressed?? To prolong UCA bushing life.

Set it like picture above, not by the way the bushings look

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so its just a pinon center line/angle adjustment?

yep you want the tcase end and axle end to be parallel ...bushings and everything else will be where they need to be doesnt matter

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep you want the tcase end and axle end to be parallel ...bushings and everything else will be where they need to be doesnt matter

ok Ive seen a lot of high lift trucks. I thought the pinion angle was supposed to follow the driveshaft angle ... like in the "WRONG" picture :Insane:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok Ive seen a lot of high lift trucks. I thought the pinion angle was supposed to follow the driveshaft angle ... like in the "WRONG" picture :Insane:

The 1st pic I posted is for a standard driveshaft(1 u-joint on each end),what you are talking about is a CV driveshaft that uses 3 u-joints(one side has double cardon joint) like shown in the pic below.

Notice "cruise throttle" is where the angle must be 0 degrees on the diff end.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got to remember as well that a lot of those highly lifted trucks never go anywhere either, just cruise town, no front driveshaft in most cases either