windshield tint?

windshield tint?

• 20%

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 35%

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i appreciate the privacy of it. the tint laws are unfortunately not my top priority in the matter. after having 50% on the shield who would want to drive without it? you have no idea what your missing out on. yesterday i re-tinted my fronts 5%. i love every minute of it. the question of my windshield still remains and am very open to the opinion of people who have had theirs tinted

Until nighttime rolls around...

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna know what your doin up in that heap that you don't want anybody to see!

On second thought No I Don't!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Quadclops - isn't that the noise a horse's hooves make on a cobblestone street?

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about nighttime autocross with those?!? With heated cones....:mexsmoke: Yea, baby!!

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i appreciate the privacy of it. the tint laws are unfortunately not my top priority in the matter. after having 50% on the shield who would want to drive without it? you have no idea what your missing out on. yesterday i re-tinted my fronts 5%. i love every minute of it. the question of my windshield still remains and am very open to the opinion of people who have had theirs tinted

I am not being a Jack-A$$ in this matter, there is a reason laws like this are put in place and I agree with one reason why. To seriously disregard a law which is in place and you get Barney Fife who pulls you over for it can lead to problems. I've read enough stories, of serious trouble that comes from a Barney Fife pulling somebody over out of some ''small'' matter that quickly escalates into one huge matter and well gets some minor national media coverage. Someone I know who had smoked tail lights on a car, he just smoked them but when pulled over the issue began. Because the reflectors were on the sides as per law requiring red reflectors on the side of the car, but the reflectors for the back were in the bumper this was factory design he was ticketed, fined took it to court and didn't really win or lose in the matter but the State flexed its muscles on the fact that they claim the factory tail lights even clean stock were not state legal because they didn't house rear facing reflectors despite the Car being legal on the Federal Standard because it had rear facing reflectors but as I have pointed out before Federal is a base for laws States Laws trump Federal Laws. Yes this is a true story, was featured on several auto news websites, I belonged to the forum he posted it about on. A second point, this takes me back to when some California Law Maker who thought he knew something about cars, saw a Lexus RX330 with the metallic tint windows. Believed that was a bright idea that all cars in California should have them since this type of window tint would greatly reduce heat build up in car, reducing the pressure on the A/C system in turn making the cars ''greener''. Now then keep in mind this person comes from a group that have been trying to ban ''dark colored'' cars from the state of California to reduce use of A/C and make the cars more ''greener'' of course when the legislature went through, not only was it laughed at, Law Enforcement does prove a point. while you can see out of metallic tint windows you can't really see in and so you have no idea whats going on inside. Somebody would be talking and driving the cell phone without a hands free system, which in many states California I believe as well is a primary offense. Or much worse much worse and I don't need to give an example. While California Law Makers act like they bought their PHD's in Law I'm going to side with Law Enforcement on the matter. To say disregarding law is the opening volley for trouble down the road. I also believe in some states that you have to have a medical note stating sunlight is bad for your eyes before you can consider tinting your windshield and in some states front windows. If I recall there are a few states that don't allow front window tint at all medical exemptions are noted.

Latest posts

Members online