windshield tint strip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a front tint strip across the top of there windshield? If yes, did you do it yourself? If so, what methods did you use? Pics? Thanks.

Yes I have the strip across the front windshield. However it was professional done. I was there when he installed it and it took him a while to get it just right.

It can be done but you have to have patience while you install it. Here is a pic with mine installed. I have some other pics in my album also.

You must be registered for see images attach

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have the strip across the front windshield. However it was professional done. I was there when he installed it and it took him a while to get it just right.

It can be done but you have to have patience while you install it. Here is a pic with mine installed. I have some other pics in my album also.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did he cut the strip in half before install? I just need to know what to do around the rearview mirror and the dotted line stuff?

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to get that done myself, however i want my to have a decal or words accross it, im not gonna say what words but i'm sure by looking at my libby you can figure it out =)

have any idea where i could get that done?

KornyBrad

Reaction score
i want to get that done myself, however i want my to have a decal or words accross it, im not gonna say what words but i'm sure by looking at my libby you can figure it out =)

I'm sure someone in Baltimore can do it for you, real cheap. :shrug::happy175:

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he cut the strip in half before install? I just need to know what to do around the rearview mirror and the dotted line stuff?

Yes It is cut in half (seamed)on top of the rear view mirror. It is also kept away from the rear view mirror mount by a few mm. The dotted line stuff is not an issue on our vehicles because it's between the glass. I only had him install it down to the AS1 line on the front windshield.

As he explained it to me it is a little difficult because obviously the glass has a curve and a slight arch at the top. From my memory he used a blow dryer also.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to get that done myself, however i want my to have a decal or words accross it,

Remember the tint would go on the inside of the window, and the decal/letters would go on the outside. Unless a vinyl shop made something custom for outside only. Obviously Pepboys and such sell those premade ones so that shouldnt be an issue getting what you want custom made.

Best advise I could tell you would be ask friends, neighbors where they got theirs done. I just searched the net for companies in my area and then searched for reviews both pro and con.

I was off when I made the appointment and spoke with owner/installer and watched the whole install process. A good installer will warranty their work.

If memory serves me correct he charged me $25.00 for the front strip.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine professionally done twice. first guy tried to cut it to be straight. his eye wasnt such a good level but it was free with the rest of the tint. Then i got my whole windshield tinted 30% at a Legit tint shop and they re did the strip. guy said it is kind of a hassle because of the shape of the glass. a straight piece of tint (rectanglular) is good in the middle but goes past the AS1 line unless you try and cut the bottom edge. I opted to just let it go past the line and all be level.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Buy a STEALERS:happy175: vinyl decal off ebay. Even if you dont see one, just shoot a message to one of those sellers and most of the time they will make whatever you want.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes It is cut in half (seamed)on top of the rear view mirror. It is also kept away from the rear view mirror mount by a few mm. The dotted line stuff is not an issue on our vehicles because it's between the glass. I only had him install it down to the AS1 line on the front windshield.

As he explained it to me it is a little difficult because obviously the glass has a curve and a slight arch at the top. From my memory he used a blow dryer also.

Thanks for the input.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the strip of tint on my wind shield. Its not cut in the middle, it just goes over the dots. Pretty sure it follows the curve of the windshield, its not straight across. Mine goes past the AS1 pretty far though.

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local professional window tint shop does flawless windshield 'brow' strips for $20. Had them do my previous 2 vehicles and current '05 Renny. Well worth the $ and zero hassle.

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.., same thing I did, and the same price. BTW sweet looking KJ! Like your 'fins' in the grill, especially with the black.

Latest posts

Members online