Window chatter when wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ky_man

Reaction score
My windows seem to have a more difficult time going up and down when they are wet, anyone else experience this? I don't know that it's a 'problem' per se but seems a bit odd...The windows will 'chatter' when it's raining outside, both going up and down.

Would putting rain-X or similar on the side windows help them slide up smoothly when wet? I'm going to put that stuff on my front window today.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you from kentucky?

Clean the window seals and spray some silicone spray in them.

Make sure both sides of the glass are clean.

Not sure if rain-x would make a difference but I use it on everything possible, love that beading!

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rub it all around with cigar tabaco, it works.

I think that silicone would work a bit better though, much cheaper too

Are you from kentucky?

Clean the window seals and spray some silicone spray in them.

Make sure both sides of the glass are clean.

Not sure if rain-x would make a difference but I use it on everything possible, love that beading!

X2 except for the Rain-X. It ***** in PNW with all the rain we get.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would clay the windows first and then hit them with Duragloss Nu-Glass #755. Clean all of that off with isopropyl alcohol and then use some Aquapel or Rain-X on them. It should make them much better.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
the windows do not really touch anything except the edges , ( I know I will get some arguments there)

BUT clean the channels out good and spray with silicone spray every month or so, that will help a lot, rain -X etc does nothing for them going up and down in the channel smoothly

DeluXXXe

Reaction score
I got the same problem. I was going to spray some WD40 in the window seals. WD40, good or bad idea?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
no WD 40, it will collect more dirt after a while, silicone spray is the best and longest lasting

DeluXXXe

Reaction score
Should I spray it all around the window seal or on the bottom where the glass rolls down into the door?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not spray it on the bottom! It will smear all over the window every time you roll it up and down.

Just around the edges.