Will it match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mator1988

03 liberty sport 3.7l
Reaction score
Will a tow package for a 2000 grand Cherokee inter change with a 03 liberty sport. just curious

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good question:
Generally the hitch designs are very specific to each vehicle. Not to say there may be universals available, but I would want a Mopar.
Based on part #s alone, I think it would be safe to say NO. The part number for the KJ is 82213554 & the part for the GC is 82213553.
What the differences are I have no idea.
If you are after a hitch for the 2003 KJ, why not simply look for the correct one in the first place? Or do you have a GC hitch you would like to make fit?
BTW the kj's had a recall for a free hitch to protect the rear gas tank in case of a collision. You may be entitled to a new one for free. (not sure if it includes the receiver or not though)
Type your VIN # here to see if you have the outstanding recall. https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html