will an xj rear bumber fit a kj?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone ever try modifying an aftermarket xj bumper (rear) to be used as a rear bumper for a liberty? if anyone has any insight as to how much modification is needed that would be great

iMTB

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I wish I could get something without the license plate cutout.

I want these:
You must be registered for see images

Like this:
You must be registered for see images

The KJ Cherokee bumper is perfect for this application.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got a welder,grinder,drill,and the skill to use all of them you can make anything fit/work.

Besides that no a XJ or any other Jeep bumper will not just bolt up they all will require alot of modifications to work.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Or just bolt one on like some do with TJ bumpers won't look the best and will look like it may fall off on the next bump, but hey you have a steel bumper

But seriously like Troy stated grinder/welder etc and you can make it work, just make a good mounting structure

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have all the necessary equipment to modify, i posted this because i saw someone local selling his rear bumper off of his xj but it was already gone by the time i got a hold of him, i was just wondering if the overall width would be a good fit, but eventually i will probably end up building my own, if i could afford it i would have a rock lizard komodo rear bumper with both swingouts, but the price is more than i can afford but im planning on getting the monitor front bumper this year

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the things to look at is how the body is not flat across , so any straight bumper will have to have some filled in to look right, then you have the sides which has vents like in them so would need to make covers to make that look right
I think it would look better to fab your own personally than to try and remake something to fit.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
believe me if i had the time and a plasma cutter i wouldve built one by now, im thinking this will be a good excuse for spending some money on a plasma cutter soon, and a tubing bender, and a TIG welder, and a bigger garage, the driveway isnt cutting it these days lol

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an uncle with a shop that most people will only wet dream of, but he doesnt use any of it because he works 90 hours a week, if i had a key to that shop i wouldve moved into it buy now lol