Will a Dodge/Chrysler EVIC work on Jeep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right plan "B" I found a 2006 Dodge Ram EVIC, will it work in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? It looks VERY similar to the Jeep unit

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant get a part number just a module number 56049824AB. Don't know if that helps.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used an otis from an 05 RAM before i got my evic you have to change the housing to make it fit and order a retainer to clip into

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used an otis from an 05 RAM before i got my evic you have to change the housing to make it fit and order a retainer to clip into

Will the otis from an 05 or newer Ram, read the ambient temp correctly? that's what I really need to know. Has anyone here tried it yet? If found a couple Ram otis's from 05 on.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it will

the otis from the 05 ram worked in my 04 and now its working in my mates 05 giving ambient temp

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean "change the housing"? Do you have a part # for the mounting bracket? I just got an OTIS from a 2006 Dodge Ram off E-Bay.
One last thing, is the install info for pre 05 still accurate? I want to make sure I wire it right.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean "change the housing"? Do you have a part # for the mounting bracket? I just got an OTIS from a 2006 Dodge Ram off E-Bay.
One last thing, is the install info for pre 05 still accurate? I want to make sure I wire it right.
My guess is the housing for the OTIS/EVIC in the Ram is molded differently to fit the contours of the headliner in those vehicles, so you would need a housing from a Jeep (I think the housings from both the Grand Cherokees and Libertys will work). Here are a couple of part numbers, you might check with your local dealer to see which would be best: HOUSING, Overhead Console 1AU40BD1AA or 1BZ08BD1AA

The mounting bracket should be RETAINER, Overhead Console 05072348AA

For the install the info should work. I used it to install an '05 OTIS in my '03 KJ and all the wires were the same. If in doubt I'm sure we can figure out which is which for you.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for the helpful Info. I cant wait till the parts get here so I can start puttin it together.