Who here has run Toyo Tires Open Country M/T's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I ran them before the MT/R's.Great street manners,never offroaded them so no help there.They balanced very well but are super heavy for there size.When I ran the Toyo's no tire required more then 3oz of weight which is almost unheard of for a aggressive tread 35" tire on a steel rim no less.

The 35x13.50x15 Toyo MT's I ran weighed 87lbs alone,just the tire.My 35x12.50x15 MT/R K's on 15x8 alloy rims weight 89lbs each,that's the tire and rim combined.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I am running the Open Country A/T's and they've been great. Can't comment on off-road ability, but they've worn well. Sidewalls were a little....rippled...from the get-go, but haven't gotten any worse. I'm satisfied with them thus far, and I have 40k on them.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a new 790s and your wheel spacers might have a hope of fitting the 285 70 16, with a bit of persuasiveness. 285 75 16s from what i've seen in the few that have tried it seems to be significantly more adventurous in the does it fit category requiring a larger then expected BFH.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think their closer in size to the 265 75 16s diameter, like ~.1 of a foot.

you relocate the washer bottle yet? It will be tight, but you already know that.

Since the rest is move, trim, heat, pound; the biggest issue I would see is does the sidewall clear the UCA, thinking yes with your spacers or a moab rim set up. If you have greater then 2.5 cm right now then I suppose yes.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo's are HEAVY
And the side walls are very hard or stiff
Even at 12 psi under a JKU they were flexing way less
Than my MT/R-K's at 15 psi under my lighter TJ
And these were the C range 33's like my MT/R's
Making them a poor choice for rocks

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Toyo's are HEAVY
And the side walls are very hard or stiff
Even at 12 psi under a JKU they were flexing way less
Than my MT/R-K's at 15 psi under my lighter TJ
And these were the C range 33's like my MT/R's
Making them a poor choice for rocks

Thanks,
A few folks have told me that they are ridiculously heavy and don't flex as well
as M/T R K's.
The fellow at the tire shop I have been dealing with for the last 31 years says
that the load range E M/T R K's we have flex better than the Toyo's.
Hmmm...
Maybe it's 265-75-16's M/T R K's for our next set of tires then.
Or a set of the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T in 285-70-16's.

Cruiser

Reaction score
I had load range E's and got over 70 K miles from them on a 2dr jk. Stiff yes, heavy damn yes. But tough as nails. Did I but another set... No. Got terra grapplers and the ride is so much better.