Where to install ome lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wisco

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought my '06 Renegade in March, have been reading the forum since, and finally signed up. I live in Madison, WI and am looking for a place to have an OME/Bilstein lift installed. Does anybody know any places near (<100 mi) here or Green Bay that does good work?

The preferred option would be to install it myself but I don't have the equipment or quite enough know-how to do it alone. I'd like to learn but so far I've only really done minor work like a hitch install, brake pads, oil change, etc. If anyone within a half a days drive or so wants to help me install it/show me the ropes it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
If you have the time on a weekend, there are a handful of us in the Chicago area that are quite experienced with installing a lift.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a place just off hwy 151 between Madison and Sun Prarie. Think it's called JJs off road, or something like that. It's been a while since I was thru that way, but remember seeing it years ago.

wisco

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

Jo6pak - I had called J&L a couple weeks ago to see what kind of work they do (they actually just relocated to Broadway Street in Madison). Their lift is a BDS 1.5" rear and 2" front only replacing the coils in the front. They'll install an OME if I bring in the parts but if I'm buying all the parts anyway I'd like to try doing it myself. Besides I'd like to do a clevis lift in the front too to level it out.

Yellocoyote - Thanks for the offer. I'll start looking around to order the parts and then hopefully look for a weekend sometime after the holidays that will work for an install

Thanks twack. Chicago is a bit closer so I'll probably look to head that way first but if it doesn't work out I'll let ya know.