Wheel Hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't pertain to the kj but a gal at work who has a grand cherokee, don't know what year needs a wheel hub replaced. Now I don't know what's all involved with this but the shop she took it to told her it would cost 5000.00, yea that's right no mis type. That sounds really wrong, the guy at the shop wanted to give her 3 grand and take it off her hands. She picked it up that night and took it back home and this guy called her in the morning and wanted to know if she picked it up, what happened to it. She told him " I picked it up its mine your not touching it." I didn't really get a chance to ask her what all needs to be replaced, and I'm not sure if she knows but I know it can't possibly cost that much. What do you guys think.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't pertain to the kj but a gal at work who has a grand cherokee, don't know what year needs a wheel hub replaced. Now I don't know what's all involved with this but the shop she took it to told her it would cost 5000.00, yea that's right no mis type. That sounds really wrong, the guy at the shop wanted to give her 3 grand and take it off her hands. She picked it up that night and took it back home and this guy called her in the morning and wanted to know if she picked it up, what happened to it. She told him " I picked it up its mine your not touching it." I didn't really get a chance to ask her what all needs to be replaced, and I'm not sure if she knows but I know it can't possibly cost that much. What do you guys think.

This is very shady
I would have done the same as she did
Heck you can replace an entire axle for less than $5K
If they are talking unit bearing it is more like a few hundred
now if they are like a shop that a guy at work took his F250 to over a "grind" in the rear end then I would almost understand $2500 or so
they wanted to just swap in a remaned rear end not rebuild it
I got my gear guy to rebuild it for under $500 ,all new bearings

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason is right.

That shop was way, way shady!

Tell your friend to never go back to that place ever again.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5,000 for a wheel hub!???????

She could buy new axles front and rear and still have tons of money left over. Poor gal almost got *****.. :rolleyes:

Replacing a wheel hub is no big deal.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Someone should report that POS to the Better Business Bureau.
Chances are he's tried to scam other people more gullible and less informed. And in some cases succeeded.
Either that or go to a local Television Network who has a consumer advocate/watch dog and let the reporter have a Field day with that clown.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone should report that POS to the Better Business Bureau.
Chances are he's tried to scam other people more gullible and less informed. And in some cases succeeded.
Either that or go to a local Television Network who has a consumer advocate/watch dog and let the reporter have a Field day with that clown.

I agree. Would be a great idea to report them.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Well this gal is getting the work done for for about 450.00-500.00. I saw her yesterday and asked what all was wrong and she told me this guy tried to tell her the frame was bent. She tells me there is nothing wrong with the frame, and that she was never in a wreck. She also said she contacted the BBB.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this gal is getting the work done for for about 450.00-500.00. I saw her yesterday and asked what all was wrong and she told me this guy tried to tell her the frame was bent. She tells me there is nothing wrong with the frame, and that she was never in a wreck. She also said she contacted the BBB.

Good, I am glad. I hate scammers.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online