What to "lube" on a KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually when you have the dealer change the oil/filter they also "lube" the vehicle. What exactly are they lubing? (dunno)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concur with TJKJ. Nothing to lube. Thats why I swapped out my LBJ, UCA, Tierod ends and u-joints for stuff that I can push some grease through.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually when you have the dealer change the oil/filter they also "lube" the vehicle. What exactly are they lubing? (dunno)

The customer.

:D

Dave

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything I should be silicone spraying aside from hinges, door locks?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything I should be silicone spraying aside from hinges, door locks?

When I do my oil changes, I am under there on a creeper anyway so I spray everything underneith that moves with "Endura" made by Castle. Red white and blue can. It is a heavy duty penetrating grease and stays put better than the thinner silicone sprays. I don't have any squeeks and noises except for the last time off-road when it was really cold out and I had everything flexing good, so it probably needs to be done again. I am almost ready for an oil change but it is so cold out right now.

Dave

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do all of my window tracks ... helps keep my regulators under less load. It's a little messy but worth the clean up time

Ah yes, I did lube up the window tracks back in September. Used "dry" silicone spray. Doesn't make a mess on the windows.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes, I did lube up the window tracks back in September. Used "dry" silicone spray. Doesn't make a mess on the windows.

Speaking of window tracks, does anybody have a good cure for windows freezing in the track....I sprayed Jigg-a-Loo along the tracks and the winders they keep freezing. ????

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Dry lube ? Isn't that an oxymoron?

That is interesting though .. were'd ya get it .. who makes it? huh huh?

:D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Speaking of window tracks, does anybody have a good cure for windows freezing in the track....I sprayed Jigg-a-Loo along the tracks and the winders they keep freezing. ????

Hmm never had that happen yet .. good question ... I'm not sure if silicone spray can freeze or not ... anyone? Anything that displaces water should help (ie WD-40 etc.)

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
Hmm never had that happen yet .. good question ... I'm not sure if silicone spray can freeze or not ... anyone? Anything that displaces water should help (ie WD-40 etc.)

On the underside of motor homes, we use Napa silicone, it's better than wd40, cause it won't attract dust and dirt, which caused jacks and slides not to retract. I've been giving my cv rubbers a good spray now and then to keep the rubber supple, don't know if it's helping but they don't feel hard after all the road grime.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I use silicone spray on window tracks,door seals, no problem yet.

Latest posts

Members online