What to install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. While jacking up my 2002 to change the starter, I took the time to inspect a few of the front end components. It has what appears to be 2 or 2 1/2inch spacer lift. Since the stock springs are most likely sagging and both sides have wasted a arm bushings, I'm looking to remove the spacers and replace the springs and install a set of Jba upper a arms. Looking fof 3 maybe 4 inches from stock. Anyone have any recomendations or part numbers?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you have the right idea of getting rid of the spacer lift! I would check out the TomMudd econo lift offered by Jeepinbyal as that will net you a good 3-3.5 inches of lift above stock. Also while your on the Jeepinbyal website take a look at some of the Other lifts offered some are cheaper and some are more expensive. OME/Bilstein is what I'm running and other people have similar setups and you can achieve a 3-3.5 lift with a few tricks. I would also recomened checking out the lift FAQ. Hope that helps some!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've pieced a 4 inch lift kit together for $680 just bought the first part of it actually!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stay at 3.5 -3.75 at most
over that UCA/spring contact even with JBA UCAs
PLUS 245-75-16s work just fine with 3.5 inches

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some thought, I think I'll replace the bushings, throw in some replacement springs and let it ride. Already running 245 65 17s. That's plenty for the driving I do. Thanks for all the input.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After some thought, I think I'll replace the bushings, throw in some replacement springs and let it ride. Already running 245 65 17s. That's plenty for the driving I do. Thanks for all the input.

By the time you buy stock springs and shocks you're at the cost of an Ironman lift anyways . May as well upgrade to something way better than stock junk

Snowman620

Reaction score
Lift

You also might check out Rockyroad Outfitters. I am putting an order together on a lift and an ARB bumper from them. Thought I would mention.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You also might check out Rockyroad Outfitters. I am putting an order together on a lift and an ARB bumper from them. Thought I would mention.

Got upper control arms, die-grinder burrs, and no-slip locker from RRO within the past few months. No complaints. :beatdeadhorse5:

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got upper control arms, die-grinder burrs, and no-slip locker from RRO within the past few months. No complaints. :beatdeadhorse5:

Wait till you have a problem with one of your parts and need an exchange or returned, I think that's what most people have an issue with them. They will gladly take your money but if you have a customer service issue or problem with a part is where it reaches a grey area with RRO. Hell I called em twice when I was first researching lifts and they didn't even call me back.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has what appears to be 2 or 2 1/2inch spacer lift. Since the stock springs are most likely sagging and both sides have wasted a arm bushings, I'm looking to remove the spacers and replace the springs and install a set of Jba upper a arms.

You can do the arms with the current lift, and do the rest later (as funds allow). Even though I had the front diff and CVs out, the a-arms are almost a standalone job.

Wait till you have a problem with one of your parts and need an exchange or returned, I think that's what most people have an issue with them. They will gladly take your money but if you have a customer service issue or problem with a part is where it reaches a grey area with RRO. Hell I called em twice when I was first researching lifts and they didn't even call me back.

If RRO had bad customer service in the past, I haven't seen it in my recent transactions. Being in Canada, warranty and exchanges with *any* US vendor is problematic due to freight/brokerage/tax. So I really have to weigh the cost/benefit of all foreign orders. Basically, I consider these purchases a final sale.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Being in Canada, warranty and exchanges with *any* US vendor is problematic due to freight/brokerage/tax. So I really have to weigh the cost/benefit of all foreign orders. Basically, I consider these purchases a final sale.

lol .. Apathy is a Canadian trait... it does not fly south of the border. :D

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a little more research is required. I'm in no hurry so I'll keep digging. Thanks for all comments.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Personally I can recommend AllJ's and JBA. I've done business with both and received help by telephone on several occasions during my install, not to mention emails a plenty. Being a customer from across the border this was very much appreciated.

I have never tried RR so I have no personal experience .. the post above was just from reading these forums for 5 yrs. :)