What to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just pop the bumper off so you can see what you have, as far as the frame goes, thats all the same from 02-2012 basically

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled one of my tow hooks and that looks like my only access, the lights may be mounted in the same location as the 02-04, but the bumper is different so you can't really use my previous posting dimensions. I knew there was gap between the bumper and frame but now knowing where they are and all and also knowing there is about 1/2-3/4" I am probably gonna find a spacer somewhere to place between so I don't cause any more extra wear on my bumper.
You must be registered for see images

Those are the 3 mounting holes for the tow hook. All I need to know is this where I need to install.

Torx

Reaction score
Hmmm... 13.17v vs 14.16 on a sport track install I just found. That does sound decent.

Putco 9004 / 9007 Heavy Duty Headlight Upgrade Wiring Harness - eAutoWorks

$45 sounds a bit better

And jegs has the same painless harness for $175, I guess you do pay for quality

I picked up my harness from Jeg's when it went on sale for $125.00. Yes, you can probably make one or pick one up for cheaper. I neither had the time or the patience to make one up and with the Painless setup I knew I was getting the best and was only going to have to do this once and right the first time. If you want some facts and figures, here is a very good read on the subject.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys that installed the headlight wiring harness, where did you pull power from? I know the article says to pull from the alternator but that also seems to leave the wiring in a more "exposed" way then maybe the battery or such.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled one of my tow hooks and that looks like my only access, the lights may be mounted in the same location as the 02-04, but the bumper is different so you can't really use my previous posting dimensions. I knew there was gap between the bumper and frame but now knowing where they are and all and also knowing there is about 1/2-3/4" I am probably gonna find a spacer somewhere to place between so I don't cause any more extra wear on my bumper.

Those are the 3 mounting holes for the tow hook. All I need to know is this where I need to install.

I've got the same problem. That's why its taking me a good 2 weeks to get them on haha. I think I've finally found a way to install them though I'm about to start now so I'll post up pics when I'm done.

Torx

Reaction score
For you guys that installed the headlight wiring harness, where did you pull power from? I know the article says to pull from the alternator but that also seems to leave the wiring in a more "exposed" way then maybe the battery or such.

With the painless setup, the power comes right off the battery. Nice and simple.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the poor quality crappy cell phone pic. But here's the finished product.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. Thank you all, and those do look good. I think I may just give up on the hellas for now. I can't find any plans for the install on the 06. And I don't really feel like taking the bumper off and all... I may just find some OEM or something and put them grill. And it got cold again so it will be a while till I wanna spend time outside anyways.0

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Neb1373;589049]Hey. Thank you all, and those do look good. I think I may just give up on the hellas for now. I can't find any plans for the install on the 06. And I don't really feel like taking the bumper off and all... I may just find some OEM or something and put them grill. And it got cold again so it will be a while till I wanna spend time outside anyways.0[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I was working on putting them on for 2 1/2 weeks :disgust: Trust me you'll get it eventually!

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. Did you bolt yours right where I had my picture? Right where the tow hook covers up? It looked like it was too far back but I may be wrong.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled mine into where the larger square hole was so I could fit my hand in there (barely). I used a screwdriver with the nut and lockwasher glued onto the bottom of it so I could get it started then get the final torque with a knuckle on the ratchet (it was at a real bad angle I would keep cross threading it if I tried using a regular extension.)