What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded in 20054 Chevy Silverado

Just completed negotiations to trade in a 2004 5 spd Chevy Silverado on
a 2007 6 spd Jeep Liberty 4x4 Sport.

Radioman

Reaction score
I traded in my 2002 Durango for my first Jeep Liberty just last week. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Durango, but she had over 114k miles on it, and I had test drove a Rental Liberty back in December of 2006. At that point I knew that this would be the perfect replacement. I can't compare the Liberty to any others in its class. Its built like a brick s__t house, firm ride, but nimble on the road. Simple, yet functional and well thought out, no gimicky interiour or exterior cosmetics.

- Mike

tiovtec

Reaction score
I sold my '07 Honda Fit with 8,000 miles on the clock to one of my employees after I went out on a trail ride with a couple of buddies. After that, I realized there's no road like OFF road, so I got myself my '07 Libby Sport 4x4. That same week I was wheelin'! My next purchase is a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX, but I'm definitely keeping my KJ!

F550-4X4

Reaction score
I'm new here so bare with me if I'm doing this wrong. We traded a 2002 Dodge Intrepid. We really liked the Intrepid but I think we're going to like the Jeep even better.

jcpryce

Reaction score
I finally decided to give on my 93 Taurus, with 210,000 miles, its got a bad wheel bearing, busted motor mount, cracked windshield, leaks ****** fluid from the radiator, seatbelts no longer fasten, a rear caliper that hangs up (if not both). But other than that, its a great car!

So i bought an 04 Sport and love it. The salesman laughed when i told him what i "wanted" to trade, i knew they wouldn't go for that. So i'm still looking to sell it

So if someone's looking for a good car, let me know

Jeepman

Reaction score
Traded a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab short bed, 5.9L V8, 136,000K.

The deciding factor was when I was doing routine maintence and was changing the AT fluid and filter. I dropped the pan and there were several pieces and chunks of teeth, retainer clips, etc (never towed anything with this truck). Knowing that a Dodge ****** was more than the value of the truck, I slapped that pan right back up and drove to CarMax, god I love that place. Bought my '05 Liberty 4x4 the next day.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded a 1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4 w/ 117k miles.

Deciding factors? Gas mileage, sick of old GM body style, wanted a JEEP, Liberty had a 5 speed. This is my first daily driver with something smaller than a V8. So far, I love it. This is the first vehicle I have owned where I'm actually happy to walk out to my truck and drive. The Yukon was 100% trouble free through the course of it's life with me, I hope the Liberty compares!

Last edited:

JimKJSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss my 98 Contour SE. Completely different vehicle than my Libby. Just as fun to drive though. Better gas mileage. I hated the cheap plastic interior though. I have no regrets.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had (still have, up for sale) a 1999 Grand Prix GT Coupe. 130k miles. I've done quite a few little things to it. Off the top of my head:

custom air box/k & N
high ratio rockers/corvette LS2 valve springs
2.5" exhaust/high flow catalytic converter
dropped 2"
12" brake upgrade (over 11" standard)
PCM reprogram
SLP ram air hood
Tinted windows

and a bunch more I can't come up with at the moment.

Fairly quick car, and I really love it - handles like it's on rails, roomy interior. Just doesn't suit my needs anymore - I am a home owner, and the wife has an '05 G6 sedan so we have a car...I get tired of borrowing my mom's Tahoe or her mom's Vue when I have to move anything. Figured it was time to get back into an SUV.

Since Donnie posted pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'99 F150, with 170k. Needed something better on gas since I drive 2hrs to work. Had it 7yrs, never once took it off road, had the Libby a week and already have my "arizona pinstripes"!!
Now I can't figure what to do first, lift, tires, skid plates, fog lights.... So many choices so little money!! :D :) :D

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I can't figure what to do first, lift, tires, skid plates, fog lights....
In order, 'Yes' 'yes' 'yes' and 'yes'... :p

I'd say do the armor first (skids, boulder bars if you want them), then if you want to do a lift I'd do that before tires (since you'll probably want to swap to something bigger once you lift it). Lights are always nice but they're cheap and easy to install so I wouldn't worry so much about them.

SQC049

Reaction score
I'm trading in my '05 Subaru Legacy GT Limited for my KJ. I'm going tonight to put the finishing touches on the deal.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Newzpix

Reaction score
Saab 900 SE Convertible -- love that car but it wasn't fitting into my current lifestyle.