What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started hitting the rear shock bolts with Aerokroil in preparation for changing out the shocks maybe next weekend. I will hit those bolts again periodically this week. Aerokroil does a good job at penetrating rust.

I also sprayed it on that rusty grounding point under the hood, hoping to be able to remove that bolt and repair the turn signal connection.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Started hitting the rear shock bolts with Aerokroil in preparation for changing out the shocks maybe next weekend. I will hit those bolts again periodically this week. Aerokroil does a good job at penetrating rust.

I also sprayed it on that rusty grounding point under the hood, hoping to be able to remove that bolt and repair the turn signal connection.
When you get the ground free make sure to clean everything with EtOH to get the kroil residue off, otherwise it will just keep on dissolving corrosion as it forms and F up the ground with build up. If by some miracle Kroil doesn’t work, try FreeAll.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you get the ground free make sure to clean everything with EtOH to get the kroil residue off, otherwise it will just keep on dissolving corrosion as it forms and F up the ground with build up. If by some miracle Kroil doesn’t work, try FreeAll.
Good to know! Thanks Johnny.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Swapped out the factory original AGMs to the Far superior (for my application) Odyssey performance AGMs. Can literally hear the difference. Already had Khan running so smoothly it was hard to tell if it was running. Now it is smooth as silk.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
If the weather on Boxing Day (26 December) had been like last Thursday - & stayed like that for at least most of the time I was off over Christmas/New Year who knows what I might have achieved? As it is, the KJ now has to take 2nd place to getting the one running XJ through inspection, although I will sort out that left turn signal that went out on the return to it's off the street storage on Saturday, providing it's simple (i.e. not time consuming).

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Horn died. Layers of frozen road slush took its toll.
Sounded like baby goat with a streptococcus infection anyway.
Searching for a 12v horn with some testicular fortitude that doesn't require compressed air or spin-up time as the "short beep" has its uses.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If it wasn't such a long story I could tell a bit of a horn tale from my own dark past. It taught me that I need to be careful managing my temper, a lesson I had to relearn quite a few times over the years... :rolleyes:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an injector seal fail, luckily it was No1 so the easiest one to get at, I only had a used tip seal to hand so I've annealed it, hopefully it will last until the new ones I've ordered are delivered.
You must be registered for see images attach

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Horn died. Layers of frozen road slush took its toll.
Sounded like baby goat with a streptococcus infection anyway.
Searching for a 12v horn with some testicular fortitude that doesn't require compressed air or spin-up time as the "short beep" has its uses.
Hella "Super Tone B133" or, for something more stentorian, find an Audi in a junk yard. In any event, an additional relay & proper gauge wire will improve matters.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to kick it out of covered storage. convertible top leaks on the silver bullet, and I'd rather not fish bowl it right now.
will try and toss the cover on the jeep, but the shovels are on it now and I don't think it'll fit. plus with the expected winds I wouldn't want to risk the shovel rack tearing the cover.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I get to deal with this on another jeep.
I suspect it has something to do with a formerly installed anti-drunk-driving interlock module that I suspect was installed in the jeep.

Members online