What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you used antiseize or dielectric grease with the plugs, be sure that it isn’t creating a short that is causing a misfire. Also make sure the ignition coils are seated well on all 6 plugs.

Do you have a check engine light or misfire code?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a very long time i've put a single drop of clean engine oil on the threads of the plugs before I install them, and torque to spec.
Haven't had a plug gall up yet. Removal as always been appropriate. Never had any issues or indications of misfires from it.
Also doesn't hurt that i've aligned the oil change and plug service intervals. (plugs replaced or checked and gapped every 5th or so oil change, and those are every 6k on all my vehicles, except one.)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I changed the spark plugs! :D And for some reason now my gas mileage is worse. Any idea why?
What plugs you use? What gap?
Should be NGK coppers gapped to 0.040. Dielectric grease used in COPs? Air filter changed? Techron fuel additive used? ( for the record I have better results with Sea Foam High Mileage) Fuel grade used? Should be 87 octane. Liberty 37 very sensitive about all of the above.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Took one of our cats to the vet for cremation. :(

It was not unexpected. She had a very long life (almost twenty years) and lived it on her terms from start to finish. Despite her independence she was a sweet loving friend. She died in her sleep last night at home in front of a cheery fire. I hope when I go it is like that.

She was the tabby on the left. The black cat and my dog Roscoe are grieving as well. The picture is from a few years ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

Roscoe does not trust cameras which is why he is looking at me like that.
The grey tabby died on Jan 1st. The black one passed away this morning, resulting in the same sad trip to the vet. My Jeep has become more of a hearse than anything else at this point.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After getting about a foot of snow over the last couple days and having my jeep parked on the street. The plows had piled the snow up nearly to the bottom of the doors on the street side and back of jeep, and halfway up the doors on my other car parked directly in front...so I got to use 4-low just to get out of my parking spot .

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
The grey tabby died on Jan 1st. The black one passed away this morning, resulting in the same sad trip to the vet. My Jeep has become more of a hearse than anything else at this point.
Gah. Still feeling the loss of the pugs I had to take on the long ride over the last couple of years.

I bet there are some kitties out there that need the comfort of a Bacchanal life in your home now though...

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Sciatica on both sides has flared up due to extreme winter weather. Used the VA's free acupuncture sub contractor out of desperation. That woo-woo magic stuff don't fly with me, but I can't take any pain pills. The little Chinese wizard took pity on me and treated all my arthritis too. ****** me off that crap actually helped. Placebo effect, but I'll take it.
RubiKhaaaan!!! has become my temporary office as the heated seats and adjustable lumbar support are the only thing that helps.
So been doing science paperwork and Zooming all my meetings from my parking spot.
Also have been researching how to trouble shoout my driver doir lock actuator which only works when it is not supposed to.

VERY disgusted with the "people" on the Wrangler and JL/JT specific forums. Pretty much useless, though the JL Rubicon forums had a dude that gave me the factory electrical schematics.

I would kill (and disappear the corpse) For an actual factory service manual. The online subscription based one is complete trash, over priced, and no better than a Haynes manual...which is currently online only for JL/JTs...

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m so sorry, it’s never easy.

I lost my eighteen year–old tabby Persephone last month.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weather outside is… well, you all know! Cold, too.

I made a reservation next Friday for a heated stall at a garage where I can get a boatload of work done on my Jeep, and not freeze my *** off doing it. At minimum, I want to:

- replace rear shocks, rear sway bar bushings, and rear sway bar links
- water pump & thermostat
- oil change and tire rotation and lube the lift
- tighten the LCA bolts a little more on the drivers front
- repair the bad ground that has killed my drivers side front blinker

Then if there’s any time left at the end of the day (doubtful):
- rear diff service
- install TORQ Locker and steel diff cover in the rear

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Bit a bullet and rented a bay at the local DIY Garage to get those Odyssey AGM batteries in. Set me back 70$ for an hour and a half, but it was 80F in there. Worth it. Immediate noticeable improvement cranking and charge rate. Outside temps too cold for ESS to function ( another questionable design choice) so no way to see if system functions properly now.

Was successful in disconnecting and removing both OE AGMs and connecting the new ones without blowing the #3 fuse in the high amp fuse buss. Stupid design- you blow one fuse you gotta replace the entire buss.

Changed the aux via the fender liner rather than the hard way.

Also found Stellantis has hidden a snap-in plastic protrusion in the top interior of the aux battery case that serves no purpose but to prevent the installation of anything but a Mopar branded AGM14 which has a purpose molded recess.
Solved that with a screwdriver and colorful language.

Latest posts

Members online