What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are road conditions during this described maneuver? Cv would likely make noise in 2hi as well.
If I turn sharply and/or go fast enough, it happens in 2wd, as well. It happens in all road conditions. We have dry, snowy, and icy roads, right now.

I’ll be checking it out tomorrow.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Looks like dual battery system replacement was a success. Now have to trouble shoot that pesky driver's front lock actuator. Doors will autolock and unlock, and with fob, but not with switch...which I already replaced.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I wonder if those would fit nicely enough on KJ mirrors?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried a similar product on Bert. Lost one first time on the freeway.

Fish-eye buttons for the win
No one uses mirrors around me. Just gun it and go. People haven't heard of impenetrability, or they're trying to collect more data. Maybe they think they're bosons.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fish-eyes do no good if the mirrors don't stick out far enough to see past what you're towing.
I'm going to be snagging some 8.5' wide trailers soon.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
fish-eyes do no good if the mirrors don't stick out far enough to see past what you're towing.
I'm going to be snagging some 8.5' wide trailers soon.
I used these when I towed the camping trailer for the Boy Scouts before the helicopter parents pissed me off and I quit volunteering.

Totally forgot I had them. Disclaimer: I skipped the straps and fastened with screws.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about going that route, but the aesthetics of them scream "I have no ******* idea what i'm doing".

8.5x20 trailer behind this thing going down the road is already going to look... weird. :D
mind you it'll be empty.

picture of a bud's CRD towing his 26' camper.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've thought about going that route, but the aesthetics of them scream "I have no ******* idea what i'm doing".

8.5x20 trailer behind this thing going down the road is already going to look... weird. :D
mind you it'll be empty.

picture of a bud's CRD towing his 26' camper.
Yeah, they were fine for temp use. Perhaps you could bolt on some F-350 (or other bro-dozer) towing mirrors from the scrap yard? Or perhaps a doors off set for a wrangler?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
POR-15 and duplicolor stuff arrives tomorrow. Just finished prepping the fume hood in my personal lab to start coating parts this weekend. Gotta do some overtime in the labs anyway this weekend, so can get stuff coated before and after shift and on lunch break. Might as well be super efficient while I purge the chemical inventory. Should be able to install spare tire delete next week if we actually get in the 40F range forecasted.

MPG went up 5 gallons with the new batteries and a properly functioning ESS system.

Cascadia 4x4 VSS system should arrive any time now. Need a bit warmer temps to install the hood decal and solar cell though so no idea when I'll get that put in.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they were fine for temp use. Perhaps you could bolt on some F-350 (or other bro-dozer) towing mirrors from the scrap yard? Or perhaps a doors off set for a wrangler?
I remember once upon a time, seeing a thread from someone (I think on LOST) that took RAM 2500 tow miirrors and grafted them on. I can't find the article, so I don't know what year(s) were appropriate. I also remember there being some electrical issues (directions didn't match) but I'd be able to sort that out eventually.
Problem is, that's a pretty hefty investment to make, and i'm not sure I can make work without a bunch of work.
these add-ons I ordered, i'm 99% confident I can make work well enough for a 1000 mile trip back from GA with a trailer.
I don't/won't need them when pulling the open deck.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
It's a demo from work - Ford are letting staff drive the Mach E and Lightning in hopes of drumming up some sales.
Sweeeet. But why no Bronco Raptor High Package? ;)

Note: Dude on campus has one...was very hard to keep a straight face pulling him out of a big plow pile last week after the blizzard...

Latest posts

Members online