What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been trying to get decent wipers that don't streak for the past 2 months and maybe about 5 different wipers. The last set lasted 3 days before I had enough(too busy at work to change sooner)

I have settled on a set of PIIA wipers, that are silicon and can have new inserts purchased. So far so good. Those of you on West coast of BC or PNW of the states may appreciate these.

My windows are now clear and streak free. I didnt prep the windshield like it suggested either. No time..... maybe the detail guys can
I also use Bosch wipers, best investment i have made.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got an alignment today, didn't realize it had been a year since I had the entire front end out. I've been driving it with a tape measure driveway alignment far too long. They said I wasn't too far off the mark, but definitely driving much better now.
You must be registered for see images attach

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been trying to get decent wipers that don't streak for the past 2 months and maybe about 5 different wipers. The last set lasted 3 days before I had enough(too busy at work to change sooner)

I have settled on a set of PIIA wipers, that are silicon and can have new inserts purchased. So far so good. Those of you on West coast of BC or PNW of the states may appreciate these.

My windows are now clear and streak free. I didnt prep the windshield like it suggested either. No time..... maybe the detail guys can
I have been using this stuff with the Bosch Micro blade wipers with good results.

Attachments

• s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 5

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I agree, got a wonky rocker and/or a bearing journal. Motor oil metallic from the drain plug?
haven't dropped the oil. did pull the dip stick, it's got a fresh change on it.
as I said, previous owners had just dropped some decent coin on it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got an alignment today, didn't realize it had been a year since I had the entire front end out. I've been driving it with a tape measure driveway alignment far too long. They said I wasn't too far off the mark, but definitely driving much better now.
looks like you're missing something important. :D

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

RainX helps too. I use it on windshields and fume hood sashes and even my storm doors at the house. It even repels pug dog sneezes on the storm doors.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
will never buy another odyssey battery again.
Is kinda funny, seems like folks are 50/50 on them. In the climate I live, and those I operate in, over the years the Odysseys have proven to be worth every penny. I run Optima in my Bug and my lawn tractor. They are great too, except in the horrible freeze-dried winters we get.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

think I found the problem.
got the rocker reinstalled. once I figured out how, it was easy enough.
hardest part was getting the damn valve cover off.
everything's back in, except for the one part I broke, and i'm gluing back together now. (vac line that goes to the oil fill toob.)

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a red top on my Jeep, been good for years, the strange thing is on the generators at work they don't last long at all.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've got a red top on my Jeep, been good for years, the strange thing is on the generators at work they don't last long at all.
Yeah, common. Beyond the wonky form factor, The charge cycles on the Optima is not as good as the Odyssey. Is really all about application, I guess. Generators are notorious for high cranking draws and undersized self starting charges.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Michelin silicone enduraXT; get them at Walmart, I've never replaced them once I put them on my vehicles. Personal recommendation since I haven't tried the Bosch, but I believe they are cheaper too.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin silicone enduraXT; get them at Walmart, I've never replaced them once I put them on my vehicles. Personal recommendation since I haven't tried the Bosch, but I believe they are cheaper too.

I can send you some… free o charge ;)
I can do a 20 min drive to the North Shore mounains, but I want armageddon style chaos on the streets. So much fun driving in that... in RWD hehehehe. It also shuts the city down almost completely if we get a good dump here.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Sadly I can’t do RWD any more, I’m full time all the time… but 4 wheel drifting is a close second :cool:

I lived in East Van (1st & Commercial) in the early 90’s and stared at those mountains daily on my walk to work! Even saw the northern lights over them one bizarre night. Love that city!

Last edited: