What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got a good haul from the auto wreckers. Went for a new door handle, but ended up finding a skid plate for fuel tank, that was already removed and in the back.

Then my niece wants heated mirrors in hers, so we'll make that happen too.

Next time I'll get the 05 fuel tank.... I want more capacity.

Attachments

• 20231202_142541.jpg
    20231202_142541.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 13

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the only part that looks alike is the connector and where the bolts go, the Sebring part isn't all plastic covered. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...minal-blower-motor-resistor/mpi0/2bmr16?pos=3
But it worked and bolted in? I'm curious because, the khaki Jeep needs a new resistor as the position one doesn't work, and I have a Sebring parts car here I could steal that out of instead of having to go buy one. Yes I'm that much of a cheap bastard. But then, that's the whole point of having a parts car!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard of people using the Sebring one since I joined this board in 2013. My original one has hung in there all these years so never had to do it myself.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got a good haul from the auto wreckers. Went for a new door handle, but ended up finding a skid plate for fuel tank, that was already removed and in the back.

Then my niece wants heated mirrors in hers, so we'll make that happen too.

Next time I'll get the 05 fuel tank.... I want more capacity.
Nice haul - which wrecker did you go to? I've been looking for some skids, but not a ton of options up here on the upper coast.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice haul - which wrecker did you go to? I've been looking for some skids, but not a ton of options up here on the upper coast.
I went to Empire in Abbotsford. Not too many u-pick ones left over here since pick n pull left s fee years back, but their prices are good. Pick a part with the pink car out front in Chilliwack sold the land a couple years ago, so not too many left.

The drive isn't too bad from Vancouver. No accidents on the highway so it makes it pretty fast. I checked the recipt when I got home and the skid plate was only 15$ cad...... thats about 10$ for the americans

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I come across any i will let you know. I head over the island fairly often, I can arrange to have them left at my buddies place near nanaimo if I do come across any.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Empire in Abbotsford. Not too many u-pick ones left over here since pick n pull left s fee years back, but their prices are good. Pick a part with the pink car out front in Chilliwack sold the land a couple years ago, so not too many left.

The drive isn't too bad from Vancouver. No accidents on the highway so it makes it pretty fast. I checked the recipt when I got home and the skid plate was only 15$ cad...... thats about 10$ for the americans
I'm going to have to do a wrecker run next time I am in the city - $15 for a gas tank skid is so cheap!

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But it worked and bolted in? I'm curious because, the khaki Jeep needs a new resistor as the position one doesn't work, and I have a Sebring parts car here I could steal that out of instead of having to go buy one. Yes I'm that much of a cheap bastard. But then, that's the whole point of having a parts car!
As long as the Sebring is a Sedan or Convertible without the automatic climate control it should work

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that little tip is appreciated.
and I don't even consider the sebring coupe to be a sebring. it's a mitsubishi eclipse :D

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re bushed my spare rear boomerang, it's raining so I'm not fitting it today. I split the old bush outers with a saw and collapsed them with a hammer and chisel, way easier than using a press, literally took 10 minutes to change them, I pushed the new ones in with my vice. The ball joint is OK so I just popped the clip off and shot some fresh grease in.

Attachments

• 20231204_104957.jpg
    20231204_104957.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231204_105015.jpg
    20231204_105015.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 12

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the part # for the boomerang bushings?

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Skid finally installed looks great ,sits flush to the rails..now just need to scratch and doing them up a bit

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Re bushed my spare rear boomerang, it's raining so I'm not fitting it today. I split the old bush outers with a saw and collapsed them with a hammer and chisel, way easier than using a press, literally took 10 minutes to change them, I pushed the new ones in with my vice. The ball joint is OK so I just popped the clip off and shot some fresh grease in.
I thought I might do that, which I why I kept my old one (as the ball joint's good) but wondered if it was worth all the hassle, given a "pattern" boomerang's not much more'n a pair of bushes - but if it really is that easy . . .

Know what you mean about it not being the sort of job to do in the rain though, that was one of the reasons it took me about a month from start to finish.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I might do that, which I why I kept my old one (as the ball joint's good) but wondered if it was worth all the hassle, given a "pattern" boomerang's not much more'n a pair of bushes - but if it really is that easy . . .

Know what you mean about it not being the sort of job to do in the rain though, that was one of the reasons it took me about a month from start to finish.

Check the ball joint, mine was OK so I'm happy to reuse it, if it's worn out then a new arm is probably a better option. MOT tomorrow so I'll be charging it the day after for my free retest. Hopefully that's all it will need, I've had a poke round and can't see anything else. It's getting less and less willing to start in the morning unless I bleed the fuel filter so the next job is an in tank pump, the nice ready-made one is not easily available here so I'm looking at dropping a replacement VW lift pump into the pickup assembly, if its possible then it's a £20 upgrade, sadly I'll have to dismantle everything to see.